DIY Lorry Interior Rearrangement (kitchen, seating etc)

AlpacaTeddySJ

Visit site
Hi, I started a thread the other day about replacing the material on my lorry walls as it’s peeling in places. I’ve decided to put some nice grey oak effect vinyl up.

But my current living layout isn’t the most ideal, it’s a small living area (great for me as it makes the lorry small) but the kitchen is on the right in an awkward placement (U shaped butted up to the seating/bed) and means the bed is not very long for my poor legs.

Has anyone on here done a DIY interior - mostly surrounding the units? All the wiring is in place so I would be fine with extending cabling/water/gas hoses etc to move things to the other side.

I can also re-use the existing sink/oven/fridge (fridge is already in the ’correct’ place).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy units etc? Normal kitchen units?

And the seating, these are usually just plyboard bases anyway, correct?

Any help, suggestions tips etc welcomed!

Also, if you have a small lorry living area if you could share some photos of your layout that would also help (PM if you don’t want to post).

Thanks in advance :)

humblepie

Visit site
We did ours - layout probably not much help as we did the bed as a drop down, so it folds up against the wall over the seating area. For the cupboards - normal kitchen units likely to be very heavy - caravan ones are lighter. We made ours by putting in a lightweight metal framework then fitting sliding doors over which are lightweight caravan material.

AlpacaTeddySJ

Visit site
We did ours - layout probably not much help as we did the bed as a drop down, so it folds up against the wall over the seating area. For the cupboards - normal kitchen units likely to be very heavy - caravan ones are lighter. We made ours by putting in a lightweight metal framework then fitting sliding doors over which are lightweight caravan material.

After some thought I might rip out the oven and replace with a combo hob/sink - I don’t stay away for long (I also don’t cook at home so I won’t start in the lorry LOL)! Plenty of payload to play with as it’s stalled for 3 and I only ever take 2, plus it’s a smaller lorry anyway.

Will have to have a look at what cabinets I can get! I thought I’d get away with no backs on the units too which may save weight?