DIY Price Per Week in South West?

Doormouse

Visit site
Please could you all be very kind and give me an idea of what you pay per stable plus extra facilities like turnout, school, tack room, solarium, wash area etc?

Trying to get an idea of prices mainly in the Salisbury area but happy to hear from further out too.

ihatework

Visit site
Currently paying £50/week DIY for stable/individual turnout/floodlit Horse walker under cover / floodlit 20 x 40 school / bedding & hay / trailer storage and decent tack room.

It’s a complete steal, I’m amazed at the value for money. Best DIY yard I have come across in my many years.

cowgirl16

Visit site
May be too far out as this place is just outside Bath - but last place I was at charged £20 per week per horse (think they've put it up to £25 now) this included stable, turnout (usually mixed but I was lucky to have my own little field for my 2), use of arena (shocking condition - broken fencing - surface never maintained), shared container storage, parking for car/trailer if you could find a space between all the bits of broken farm machinery and other crap, the place is a filthy **** hole that attracts some rather "interesting" clients - may be something to do with being cheap. IHW's yard sounds wonderful - go for somewhere that charges a bit more - you get what you pay for!

zaminda

Visit site
I have grass livery at 60pcm including hay and use of school. Lovely hacking and very relaxed. It's 120 including a stable. There aren't lights in the school though.

pansymouse

Visit site
I pay £30 per week for grazing, a stable and half share of a second stable my friend and I use for storage we have no facilities but an hire schools for an extra charge very close by. I think it's about the going rate for that sort of set up. There is quite a lot of pressure on livery space in the area especially north of Salisbury and around the Plain where there are an increasing number of military people and they are building homes for them on land formally used by the Saddle Clubs.