DNA test results...

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
So I got my results, I had her done using Wisdom Panel...

The dog I had tested was a rescue 'Honey' (found wandering the streets).. so no idea of her breeding at all, so I had her done out of interest, I guessed Lhasa apso or perhaps dachshund x... as she long, little legs, golden blonde scruffy coat, and floppy ears.. (still only a pup yet)

I was very careful I did not contaminate the swabs she she does lick my other dogs mouth, so the swabs were taken first thing in the morning, before she had eaten, drank or licked anything (I crate her overnight, so this made it easy).. the swabbing was easy to do

You are supposed to get the results within 3 weeks of them reaching the lab.. but it did take a long time for the swabs to register on their site, reason being they then get sent to the USA, which was an extra 10 days, though I did email them and did get a prompt reply..

The results came back that she is infact a mix of.. Westie, Lab, and Alaskan Malamute, plus unknown breeds
I didnt see westie in her at all, but a friend that has Westies does, and said she guessed that when I first got her, though I did think there was terrier in her..
Labrador... she does have the floppy ears, thick tail and coat colour and the intelligence
Malamute.. now I know where that funny woo-woo-woo barky howl comes from..

Wisdom did tell me that they might not pick anything up as Im in Spain, and 'for example' a Lab born in the UK can have different DNA to one born in Spain... so perhaps thats why the grandparents on one side could not be recongnised.. though there were traces of Schnauzer and Yorkie in her..

So overall, Im impressed, I would recommend having it done if you want to know what your dog is.. and for me it was just a bit of fun....

dna_zps27209fe2.jpg

IMG_0054_zps8a8b8189.jpg

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
What a lovely little dog she is :) But if she has Alaskan Malamute in her, I'm the Queen of Sheba...... :) :)

but it would only be 1/8th..... so could easily be hidden from the other breeds in there, and she does make noises like one which is quite amusing,

I saw some Springer x Husky pups on another forum, and you would never know, they looked like lab crosses..

but shes cute whatever she is... cant believe someone dumped her :-( oh well, their loss :D

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
If you feel that the result makes sense to you/is fun to have freckles22uk, then that is all that matters :). But admittedly, I would take most of this type of DNA test results with a pinch of salt. And I agree that some spitz breeds, usually have a habit of giving mongrel offspring a somewhat spitzy look, but I suppose that there could be exceptions.

:)

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Aww, she's lovely. Why would anyone want to dump her. Can definitely see the Westie and perhaps the Golden, not so much the Malamute- we did a Wisdom Panel test on our crossbreed and although I don't think some breeds were correct, I can actually see some of the other breeds that they suggested in him. As FL said, I would take it with a pinch of salt. It's really interesting to find out what could be in them though. :)

{97702}

Visit site
but it would only be 1/8th..... so could easily be hidden from the other breeds in there, and she does make noises like one which is quite amusing,

I saw some Springer x Husky pups on another forum, and you would never know, they looked like lab crosses..

but shes cute whatever she is... cant believe someone dumped her :-( oh well, their loss :D

Absolutely, I do wonder about people who dump dogs - but if they didn't, I wouldn't have any of my lovely four greyhounds :) Who also makes noises like Alaskan Malamutes incidentally, four greyhounds howling in unison is an awesome sound :D :D :D