Do any of you also ...

UKa

community.webshots.com
... feel like they never really achieve what they want because normal life gets in the way?I am just having a ponder about how much I had planned to do with my horse this year and to how little I got up to in the end due to things cropping up when there were shows that I could have attended (I ended up going to just one and that was a bit of a disaster so not very motivating) plus at the moment now that nights are getting darker and I am on DIY I am don’t really find time to do all that much exciting with my horse I am just glad if I can exercise her enough so not really working to goals – in some ways it annoys me and I really would like to do something about it but there is a serious time (and financial e.g. to organise lessons or transport to shows) issue!? Anybody here the same?

Pasha

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel - we planned to do loads this year and ended up only competing at half a dozen shows.... my main frustration is travelling with work! I'm on DIY too but happily ride in the school and stay up the yard until 9/10pm at night (on my own in the dark he he) but I can't do that when I'm not in the country!

bellgave

Visit site
Yeah, I travel for work on a self employed basis, which is great as I can be at home for ages but then Im away for a long time too. I keep my horses at home and am just lucky to have a good back up system for when Im not here. Work etc. has to take priority over my horsey plans especially as its not full time employment, I often have to miss shows Ive planned to compete at and have aimed towards and often find it quite demotivating.

Visit site
I feel the same. Sometimes I feel I am not good enough for my pony.
frown.gif
even though everyone says we are great together and I love him to pieces.
smile.gif
I planned to do more SJ at Intermediate level this year but that all went down the drain in May when I lost my confidence jumping. I have been spending the time slowly rebuilding it instead. x

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
yup i feel the same too, getting dark so soon is very uninspiring!! plus this last 2yrs iv put off alot of things i wanted to do because my oh. But now that my oh has left me i am going to concentrate on myself and the horses and achieve everything i want to do in 2007

Petrie

Visit site
Yes, I always feel guilty that I don't do enough with them, and I have all these things planned, but life does get in the way.
Then you read about the pros who are doing amazing things with their 4 year olds, whereas my 4 yr old is still such a baby!

Then I read on the forum about these amazing people who work full time but still manage to keep 2 horses fit for eventing, and who are out competing every weekend, and sometimes in the evenings after work! God forbid!

I really don't know how they do it.

But, I rather like having the horses tucked up in bed by 6 so I can go home and spend the evening with my OH, or go to the cinema, or out with friends. And sometimes at the weekends, I like just riding them at home on a Saturday, then going off shopping in the afternoon, or on a really long dog walk with OH.

So, don't feet guilty, you allowed a life too! If your living doeesn't depend on it, and we do it for fun, it really doesn't matter.