do any of you know about equine muscle release therapy?

Patricksmum

Visit site
I think it is a diluted version of Bowen (apologies to all if I'm wrong!)
I have had EMRT & Bowen on my horses &, speaking from my experience, I found the EMRT a bit nothing, whereas proper Bowen therapy gave my elderly horse a completely new lease of life.
smile.gif

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Yes.

I have had several sessions for my boy as he had a back injury about 2 years ago. He had loads of muscle spasm and this was the only treatment that relieved it. Its based on the bowen technique in humans, and also helps with lymphatic drainage and other stuff too. The technique uses a series of 'moves' which are gentle manipulations to the muscle fibres, followed by rests to allow the body to react (thats how I understood it anyway)

The woman I had out was great. She spent about 1 1/2 hours assessing and treating Boo the first sessions and then came back first of all every week, then every 2 weeks, then every month and so on. It did end up up being quite expensive, but she stopped as soon as she thought he didn't need seeing any more.

As I said before it was the only thing that helped my boy over his back problem. I have recomended her to a couple of friends who have also had good results with their horses. These situations have all been with horses with obvious muscle spasm and it helped great

Where are you based? I can recomend a good person.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I have used EMRT for the past 8 years on my horses with some incredible effects. I also recommend it to customers horses when I find problems whan I am out saddle fitting. It seems to have fairly dramatic long term results. Far more effective than Mctimony, osteopathy and chiropractic