Do Horses Get Stiff Like People?

sasquatch

Visit site
Okay, may seem a weird question and I am well aware horses do get stiff.

B has been doing much better, is much sounder and when I had a lesson on tuesday my instructor/boss said he looked 100% on a straight line, looked fine on his right rein and on his left on tighter/sharper turns he looked a bit hoppy and uncomfortable but when I balanced him properly looked much better but not quite 100% on tighter turns - she was happy to continue the lesson, which she wouldn't have done if she felt he was very off/lesson would have been too much for him (we were only doing a w/t lesson). He's back to his normal self but today wasn't right again in his front left, friend rode as I wasn't well and she noticed it as she's ridden him when he's been completely sound and said it wasn't all the time but was when he was asked to turn left, and from the ground you could see it too. Probably long and irrelevant context so not important to be read or not lol

Anyway, we have gone from high pressure warm/sunny weather to low pressure/muggy weather. I know my bad knee has been feeling more achey than usual, and funnily enough friend has said she has been very achey and stiff all day too. Is it possible that B could have had the same thing in that the low pressure and sudden weather change has just made him feel a bit stiffer/sorer on his bad leg? Does this sort of thing affect horses the same way it does humans?

I feel like it's a silly question, but I hadn't thought of it until I got home. He's had steroid injections though, so surely if they're working the weather shouldn't make a difference?

Vet is coming out next week before anyone suggests it too :)

Nudibranch

Visit site
I've known arthritics to be worse in cold weather and my big lad who is only 6 (and undergoing investigation) is often more stiff in cold weather. I'm not sure where air pressure comes in though. Most of my degree is in meteorology and I always struggle to understand how people make a connection between pressure systems and their joints!