Do I have grounds for a refund?

L&M

Sorry I have not followed the whole thread, but if it was me I would sell the horse on and find a more suitable height replacement, ensuring a measurement is taken at any pre purchase vetting.

I think you, the seller, and the pony, are all victims here and wouldn't place the blame on either side - find a nice home for the horse a and just mark it down to experience.

Good luck!

spacefaer

Sorry I have not followed the whole thread, but if it was me I would sell the horse on and find a more suitable height replacement, ensuring a measurement is taken at any pre purchase vetting.

I think you, the seller, and the pony, are all victims here and wouldn't place the blame on either side - find a nice home for the horse a and just mark it down to experience.

Good luck!
The trouble with this advice is the significant price difference between a 148 jumping pony and a nice 151cm small horse.

Upthecreek

Good luck!
But she paid a premium because it was supposedly a 148 pony and will lose a lot of money if she just sells it on. The seller is at fault because she sold a 148 pony that hasn’t measured in. The buyer is at fault because the size of the pony was critical & she didn’t buy one with a LHC. I think the buyer will be successful legally because she has proof of the seller stating that the pony would measure in. It hasn’t, therefore it was miss-sold.

No vet would measure a pony at a pre-purchase vetting and guarantee the measurement to be 100% accurate for the purposes of measuring in for height classes.

Jenko109

Good luck!
So just suck it up and lose a few thousand pounds?

I hardly think so.

L&M

So just suck it up and lose a few thousand pounds?

I hardly think so.
As a lot of people have had to do when 'mis-sold' horses, (this forum is littered with them - I lost a lot of money on a Hoy's level show cob that had a nasty bolting habit) - it is a bitter, bitter pill but plenty of us have been there and done it.

Obviously if the buyer can prove the discrepancy and win a legal case then great, and wish her all the luck.

Last edited: