Do I need to plait tail for BE100???

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I have been so engrossed in final uni exams I haven't got round to pulling Remy's tail yet this year. There is loads of length in it so am thinking about plaiting for Northallerton BE tomorrow but my tail plaiting can often be atrocious (it always falls out at the top/start bit). Wondering if I can leave a not pulled tail loose and just try to bandage/flatten it down, or if I should try to plait!!! Other alternative is to take mane rake thing to it.... but that would be a bit of a desperate move I think!!!! :eek:

Eventer96

twitter.com
If you don't think you're tail plait will look neat then just leave it loose. So long as it's neat it doesn't matter I've found. I'd rather see a neat looking loose tail compared to a rubbish tail plait. :) I didn't pull or plait, but learnt to plait and stick to that now. Not much help but best of luck tomorrow. :D

Thistle

Visit site
Does it look like a full neat tail or a half grown out bog brush? If it looks bushy then plait it. It only needs to stay in for the dressage, plait it when you get there.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I use a tail rake on mine, think it looks quite neat TBH...

200169_10150418228015431_613165430_17310022_5617572_n.jpg

('Scuse the fat bum!)

susie2193

Visit site
My daughter competes at Intermediate/2*, and has never pulled or pliated her horses tail. The only comments we have ever had is "isn't it lovely to see a nice full tail". She washes it and loosly plaits the bottom of it, the night before a competition. Then combs it out in the morning, and puts a tail bandage on. By the time we get to the competition it has a slight wave in the bottom and is neat looking at the top.

Good luck tomorrow.

Lolo

Visit site
If pulling it seems a faff, then I would wet it and gel it in the morning and then put a tail bandage on over the top- it'll look neat and tidy.

Raking can look good, but you have to be SO careful or it can easily look awful...

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Thanks so much guys!! I will def just bandage it etc thanks to your replies! Kirstyhen your tail looks very good but I doubt object the skill to reproduce that!! ;) thanks again everyone, soooooooooooo excited!! First of the season! Yay!!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I have never plaited Fleur's tail for a BE event (or for anything infact!), have never pulled it either! Although its fairly bushy (like her mane) it looks smart once attacked the day before an event (only brush it day before comps with lots mane/tail conditioner spray) in my opinion.

CastleMouse

Visit site
Most people seem to pull rather than plait the tail for dressage and eventing, especially at the higher levels - I very rarely see plaited tails!

B-B

Visit site
You dont need to plait mane or tail.

Its not in the rules...its not insulting anyone....there is nowhere any marks can be deducted for it.

So dont worry about it and enjoy your day!

MagicMelon

Visit site
My daughter competes at Intermediate/2*, and has never pulled or pliated her horses tail. The only comments we have ever had is "isn't it lovely to see a nice full tail". She washes it and loosly plaits the bottom of it, the night before a competition. Then combs it out in the morning, and puts a tail bandage on. By the time we get to the competition it has a slight wave in the bottom and is neat looking at the top.

Good luck tomorrow.

Same here - haven't plaited (or pulled which IMO looks horrible) for years BE.