Do owners become more like their horse or the other way round?

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
I think I'm becoming as spooky as old cob. Went into a building at work today forgetting that a new floor has been laid over Easter. Suddenly spotted the new flooring where it joined the old and did a sort of 'whoaa' before stepping gingerly onto the new bit after a second or two. Very pleased I was on my own! This is EXACTLY the sort of thing old cob used to do when ridden - including jumping over a white line someone had inconsiderately added to the road since the last hack.

Fortunately young cob will step onto or over anything so I'm hoping his good sense will start to have an effect on me very soon.

Anyone else as daft as their horse?

Mike007

Visit site
Like their owners. My sweet natured ID has become a grump! And I understand exactly where he is coming from . The other horses in the field seem to have elected him "herd leader" in his absence, and he is ,to put it mildly, not impressed.

Mrs G

Visit site
Well we ARE very similar; grumpy unless we are eating, high maintenance, will have a strop if we don't get our own way, naturally lazy, sensitive and we both have large nostrils....

Lintel

Visit site
I wish I could adopt the adorable face my boy can pull- might get me more places than mine does!

Yes I do believe we end up adopting similar traits- unfortunately at times!