Do people not want the business? (Rant)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I have emailed various lorry tyre fitters for a quote to supply & fit 4 tyres on the rear of my lorry. I'm expecting a bill of around £700 but do you think I can get a reply from any of them? Don't people want the work? I've got money sitting here waiting to be spent but no one seems to want to know. Rant over!

Mule

Visit site
I know, it's so annoying. I'm having a similar problem, trying to contact someone. How do people who cba stay in business:rolleyes:

windand rain

Visit site
Bush tyres always did ours we called in with tyre size, took the lorry in a couple of days later and they were done while we waited

Shay

Visit site
The thing is with something like tyres folk usually phone around several fitters. They don't really have to chase you - as you have discovered. If you like the prices you'll call them. If you want that particular company - persist!

catembi

Visit site
I had the same problem with buying a new stable block! Got the temp mobile stables from a co & the people putting them up were at pains to point out that they could supply & put up any sort of stables that I wanted. I sent them the plans as requested, but could I get a quote? I kept asking & asking, & kept getting the answer, have I spoken to x, to which my reply was, no, because I want a WRITTEN QUOTATION. Then on my final chase, they said, oh, sorry, you must have slipped through the net, we don't understand what happened. Errrm, maybe you didn't send me a written quotation...??!! I am not spending that sort of money organising it over the phone with nothing in writing.

asmp

Visit site
I've started a thread on this before asking if no one wants my money as was getting so fed up with businesses not returning my calls and queries. It's SO frustrating - know how you feel.

ETA as the fence between us and neighbour didn't get replaced yesterday as it was supposed to be, I assume he's having problems too!

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm having the same problem! Guy came to look at my box which has a crack in the top ramp, says he'll send me a quote etc, sent a few messages since to remind him, last I heard was 'i'll send you a quote over today' and still nothing!! I think he's now ignoring me as the last message I sent (asking if is he still going to come and fix...) hasn't even been delivered. I don't have his number, just facebook message but he came recommended.

This isn't the first time I've been let down by tradesmen in the horsebox industry. I had a welder coming out to sort my old box and after the 5th time of not turning up I gave up.

This ramp i'm going to get sorted myself as i'm so fed up of tradesmen not doing what you pay them to do, or not wanting the work.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Yay!!!!! I got a reply today about fitting my tyres. Unfortunately the fitter doesn't supply re treads so quoted on new. I was about right in what I thought come to total of £690. So much + vat to supply & fit the tyres, so much + vat for turnout, so much plus vat for tyre disposal. I'm waiting for one more quote then I'll place my order.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I phoned in my order, fitter says he'll come at 6.pm on Thursday evening. I wait at the yard like a muppet & he doesn't come. I pho ne him at 7pm, an hour after he should have come as he hasn't bothered to phone. He says he's been stuck on the motorway but will collect my tyres from the yard & be with me in 45 minutes & it will take about an hour to fit them. It would be 9pm before he's be finished. I cancelled him & may re arrange or may go to another company. Why is there no customer service, no phone call telling me he was stuck in traffic etc. Once again DO THEY NOT WANT THE BUSINESS!!!!

GreyMane

Visit site
We wanted a fire damaged tree cut down and a burned fence mended. A very pleasant garden guy came and looked, but he doesn't do the quotes, it is the boss in the office.
Waited several weeks, emailed to remind the office about our quote, still nothing. Assumed they did not want the job, and bought and put up new fence panels.
Then the damaged tree that should have been trimmed blew down in high winds, and we had to repair the fence again!
Arrived to find this scene.
After all this, I was chatting to the neighbour who said "We've just had that garden guy in you recommended, he wondered why he had not heard back from you about booking him to cut that tree". So his own boss had not quoted - or told him anything!
This at same time as our 9-month fiasco with several different plumbers. Ruddy tiresome.

tree.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Still haven't heard from the horsebox guy, now ringing round trying to get the part myself, which is proving tricky too...

scats

Visit site
We dropped my wagon off 4 weeks ago to have a new gear box. Chased up after we hadn’t heard anything after a week, he hadn’t started it. Chased it again a week later, he promised he was starting it that week. Popped in yesterday to see how things were going and it still isn’t started.
Had a moan at him and he promised to start it today, so I’m popping in later on to check that’s happened.

I would have taken it somewhere else, but we had major problems trying to find someone to do it in the first place. The first place we took it to, it was there one day and night and then they said they couldn’t do it after all.

Chippers1

Visit site
It's frustrating isn't it! Every time I've had to take abox to the garage (current or previous one) it's taken 2 months to sort :rolleyes: hence doing this bit myself!