Do people really collect that much saddle pads

TPO

Visit site
She is proper insta(gram) famous and has loads of big brand sponsors. She makes appearances at various horse things as the "star".

I'm far too old to "get it" but did see that Charles Owen had released a limited edition hat designed by her

dorsetladette

Visit site
I have a friend who should be sponsored by lemieux but isn't. She has a hideous amount of matchy stuff. She scoffs at my hand me down saddle pads and unmatchy bonnets. I come from a native showing back ground so my tack is always clean and matching brown leather. I have a nice pair of riding boots and a nice hat but everything else is just for home/schooling/hacking so really doesn't matter what colour it is. And its all covered up by a hi viz rug anyway when we're out.

The non essential expensive stuff is lost on me and I don't get the influencer thing at all.

TPO

Visit site
i mean, fair play to her. but I find the whole influencer thing a bit... um... vacuous.

Agreed. Cant comment on her as I'm clueless but some of the adults on insta as horsey influencers ?

Although they are doing something right because some are cutting about in full Toggi or Ariat outfits nevermind feed and bedding etc.

Probably just my twisted character but it puts me off brands when I dont like their chosen "influencers".

My vets have now started having "brand ambassadors" and I find it really off putting. If I wasnt already with them and didnt know how fantastic the vets are it would have been a bargepole job.

I miss the old days before being a "personality" on social media was a thing ??

Tash88

Visit site
I have two... I used to have more, less expensive ones from Le Mieux etc. but now my horse has fewer that cost about £120 each and are better quality, also with sheepskin. I'd love to have some more and they are always on my list, but more important things (vet bills most recently :() have to take priority!

indie1282

Visit site
i'm more concerned that someone can ramble on for half an hour about a few pads! I have quite a few so I'm not opposed to matchy collecting but it does seem to be scraping the barrel, content wise o_O

She is sponsored by Le meiux and a lot of other big names, i think Voltaire as well as she has their saddles.

I have seen a lot of her videos and she does put a lot of effort in to them so fair play to her! I couldn't be arsed to do all that fannying around for all the le Meiux in the world lol

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
She is sponsored by Le meiux and a lot of other big names, i think Voltaire as well as she has their saddles.
i understand that, i still think it's a stretch to talk about it for half an hour! I could go through my collection and say, oh, i remember when I bought this spearmint fade, it's my favourite pad ever, it came from a friend of a friend, look it's so pretty, i have the matching bandages in my car but I don't use them... but no one would tune in :p

shamrock2021

Visit site
I don’t like the whole brand ambassador thing because I don’t like how brands try to make teens feel like you have to have expensive brand stuff. I now a girl that has everything le miex and has a load of saddle pads. Sadly I generally think these ambassadors are trying to make this a trend so the company benefits

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My vets have now started having "brand ambassadors" and I find it really off putting. If I wasnt already with them and didnt know how fantastic the vets are it would have been a bargepole job.
Wow!

is there a qualification for that? amount of emergency call outs per year or something? the bills my gang have racked up this year i reckon i should be pestering my vets for a few branded saddlepads and a woolly hat :p

indie1282

Visit site
i understand that, i still think it's a stretch to talk about it for half an hour! I could go through my collection and say, oh, i remember when I bought this spearmint fade, it's my favourite pad ever, it came from a friend of a friend, look it's so pretty, i have the matching bandages in my car but I don't use them... but no one would tune in :p

Ha ha nobody would want to watch me either i expect!

As one poster said earlier i think her market is teen/young adults who probably have disposable income to be able to afford all those saddle pads - i mean £40 odd for a pad!!!! They are lovely but i am way to tight/poor to buy one in every colour at that price...

I have watched a few of her videos and i do quite like her though, she seems very sweet and does seem to genuinely love her ponies :)

TPO

Visit site
Wow!

is there a qualification for that? amount of emergency call outs per year or something? the bills my gang have racked up this year i reckon i should be pestering my vets for a few branded saddlepads and a woolly hat :p

There should be! My view is possibly coloured by knowing one in RL and watching her ride (& compete) a lame horse but declare it sound ?

I'm sure the others are lovely people and possibly everyone else enjoys reading about what randoms are doing but it does not make me want to be with a practice (again, the vets are fantastic with this practice). But yeah it really irks me and falls into my "ugg 'influencers' ?" category

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I have about 6 Le Mieux dressage pads in varying colours of green and blue but I haven't spent more than £30 on any of them as I only buy in the sale.
I use them exclusively because they fit well with his high wither.

This video is dull as dish water, and I find her quite grating as she's louder and more enthusiastic about the most mundane things for content, but these videos aren't aimed at me. I just came across a couple mindnlessly scrolling one evening.

She's done well for herself though so fair play! Wouldn't everyone want to be on approx £4k a month just from ad revenue, not inc a likely £xx,000's a month for sponsorships just for enjoying their own horses in their own home! I know I would..

TPO

Visit site
I don't know how they find enough interesting things to do to film.

Based on insta scrolling they don't. Mucking out has featured more than once with some of them.

It's when you (I) see all the photos of them modelling whatever the latest #gift/#ad is. Some literally post about every aspect of their personal and horse life. It's all a bit alien to an old fogey like me!

lar

Visit site
I have a teenage daughter who watches these videos and all the others on endless loop. Some are better than others but they all seem to have the same irritating twang to their voices. I did ban her from watching one of them in my vicinity - the one with the well known "dark" jumping cob who may or may not have had something seriously wrong with it.

To be fair she has learned an awful lot from watching them - including being able to pick out the ones who's advice/riding style you definitely should NOT follow.

TGM

Visit site
i mean, fair play to her. but I find the whole influencer thing a bit... um... vacuous.
To be fair to her, she actually puts a lot into her normal videos - she has covered lots of useful informative subjects (endurance riding, equine weight control, polo, various stable management stuff) mostly aimed at the teen market. She is not your stereotypical influencer who just poses about all day.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
To be fair she has learned an awful lot from watching them - including being able to pick out the ones who's advice/riding style you definitely should NOT follow.

Agreed my 8 year old loves her, that said she did get bored with the saddle pad one and turned off.
I cannot imagine watching them as an adult or getting overly irate with the content. Its like being peeved at the inaneness of Peppa Pig, its not for adults...

Reactions: TGM