Do they really want to sell?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I was fed up of carrying feed etc in my car & it smelling like a stable so I got myself a 5' x 3' trailer which did the job really well & my car smells clean & fresh inside. I've now decided to buy a slightly larger trailer so I can pick up large bags of shavings for bedding from a local wood yard. As you will be aware this saves me hundreds of pounds over the year as I have 3 stables horses. Current trailer could do with being about a foot bigger in both length & width. I've spent ages tonight going through ebay, gumtree, facebook & I saw one or two reasonably priced but hardly anyone puts the measurements in their adverts? Why don't sellers consider what details they would want to know if they ere looking for a trailer? OK Moan over.

Lois Lame

Visit site
Ah, you've got gumtree there too! I thought it was only here.

It's like horse ads. The seller writes a lovely piece but forgets the age and the height, two of the most important things, I reckon. I think all advertisers need to write dot points on a scrap of paper before writing their ad, then make sure to have covered those points when they read the ad before posting it.

asmp

Visit site
I thought this was going it be about the pony ad I saw this week:

“No time wasters I’m way too busy”.

Silver Clouds

Visit site
I don't think that is a problem limited to just trailers on Gumtree. I've been looking for a dining room table and plenty of the adverts give no idea of size, not even a guestimate of how many people it will seat. If there is nothing on the table and no chairs in the picture (to give an idea of size) then how am I supposed to know whether it's even vaguely the size that I'm looking for? It seems to be an annoying omission that relates to most of the furniture being sold on Gumtree actually :rolleyes:

Good luck with your trailer hunt OP :)