Do you beat your horse?

hobo

Visit site
On the way to my lesson today I passed a lady wearing a sweat shirt with Beat the Problem not the horse. Do you get fed up with natural horse people implying that everyone who does not do 'Natural' beats their horse to get results.
I find organic farmers the same implying that they are better than normal farmers.
Rant over, I,ve never had a rant on line, thanks for reading.

Pedantic

Visit site
Yea you saw me thrashing mine with my patented chalkstick (only available through me pedanticComarketing ltd at £49.99), as you could see he was petrified of me :D:D:D:D

amandap

Visit site
On the way to my lesson today I passed a lady wearing a sweat shirt with Beat the Problem not the horse. Do you get fed up with natural horse people implying that everyone who does not do 'Natural' beats their horse to get results.
How do you know this person might be or is NH? Also, do you think the sentiment is wrong then? I don't read any implication that those not NH beat their horses in what you've written. :confused: It sounds general to me.

Heard it before and it makes sense to me. :cool:

debsey1

Visit site
I find organic farmers the same implying that they are better than normal farmers.
Rant over, I,ve never had a rant on line, thanks for reading.

I don't take your post as having a 'rant' it's just your opinion.

I must admit I do agree with the the lady in question 'Beat the problem not the horse' however, it's the same with children and other domestic animals we all have our own way which we think is right.

Sue C

Visit site
bit like people who dont smack their children, a little tap on the legs never hurt me and there was less trouble !!!

Im lucky my horse is well behave but if he was naughty a little smack he would get x x

cob&onion

Visit site
I hate the metal heavy clasp on the end of the rope they use - if the horse doesnt listen they put energy down the line hard enough so the clasp hits the horse across the face :(

Paddydou

Visit site
Yea you saw me thrashing mine with my patented chalkstick (only available through me pedanticComarketing ltd at £49.99), as you could see he was petrified of me :D:D:D:D

Not charging nearly enough to make it "special" Charge at £109.95 + postage and packing and the natural lot will be falling over each other for a more natural way to beat their horse!!!

I aprichiate the sentiment but if my child were about to touch a hot oven I would rather anyone slap their hand away than them get burnt! Same with horses!

hobo

Visit site
I can tell by your user name that you must beat your horse Jess stick- all!!
If you used gluton,s lump of 4 by 2 Pedantic instead of your chalk stick I,m sure your horse would ride the bike instead of running beside it.
I do know the lady is a NH person as she is local Amandap and I do feel the message implys(sp) that others do beat their horses.
My own opinion is that I feel chasing a horse round a pen till it submits(licking and chewing ect) is not for me i guess each to their own.

indie999

Visit site
Have riding whips or crops been banned now?

Most problems are the owner/human?

Now where are those red leather gloves?

jinglejoys

Visit site
Really can't see why you only have to be NH to wear that unless you are implying that only NH people don't beat their horses?

ladyt25

Visit site
I agree with the sentiment on the ladies top, but i will use a schooling stick to tap up a lazy horse which in my opinion does not constitute a beating.

I am with this. I certainly agree with the sentiment - I do/did a fair bit of showjumping (although it is not only here this goes on, it's just these are the events I am at most) and I get sick of seeing people giving their horses a thrashing when something wrong. Often it is blatantly obvious from where I am that the 'fault' was down to the rider and not the horse but it seems many riders cannot accept that they are the problem!

I actually know of a lady who seems think everything her horse does is the horse misbehaving etc etc when actually she has completely over-horsed herself but would never,ever admit it!

I do not like people who pussy foot around horses - horses need to have discipline and manners as without this they quite frankly can be dangerous and I certainly don't think uneducated people following parelli methods to the letter do themselves or the rest of the horse world any favours at all.

I do actually maybe more people should think about the slogan on that lady's top- it's certainly not wrong!

Pale Rider

Visit site
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the most bolshie ill mannered horse on the yard belongs to the most bolshie ill mannered person, the sort who likes to show em whose boss, but is really a little bit nervous.

dominobrown

Visit site
I quite like the parelli lead rope things, they are very long and when it is windy (which it often is) They are good to lunge with as the because of the clip, the wind doesn't tug the lunge line. I find it quite handy if you don't beat the horse around the face with it. I like a long leadrope :D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
i regulalry beat my horse at scrabble - but mostly cos she finds it hard to move the teen tiny tiles with her hooves:D

:D

I beat mine all the time with one of them nail studded flagellating things that extreme Catholics wear round their legs.

(S'ok, I can say this, cos I am Catholic [but I don't use one of those on myself, obviously, because not actually that religious])

bumblelion

Visit site
Can't quote unfortunately on my iPhone but.......one of my horses is probably the most dominant/rude horses in the world. Came to me like it, not because his previous owner was alike him but pussyfooted around him, therefore he was the boss, she was his slave! He is now gaining manners and respect due to firmness, taking no *****, and the odd slap, timed to perfection by myself!! I will also add, he gallops over to the gate when he sees me for a fuss and a cuddle!! ;)

rubysmum

Visit site
:D

I beat mine all the time with one of them nail studded flagellating things that extreme Catholics wear round their legs.

(S'ok, I can say this, cos I am Catholic [but I don't use one of those on myself, obviously, because not actually that religious])

well you say that - but it worries me that you even know of their existence lol

fburton

Visit site
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the most bolshie ill mannered horse on the yard belongs to the most bolshie ill mannered person, the sort who likes to show em whose boss, but is really a little bit nervous.
Yes indeed! Quiet confidence seems to be a much more effective trait.