Do you display photos at home of your horses?

Vicki1986

Visit site
Do you put photos up of your horse/s at home? are the professional ones or just personal snaps?
i have a big canvas of a headshot of my pony currently residing in the living room...of a photo my sister kindly took as she is a photographer. i also have photo's up that photographers at shows have taken.

Do you just buy photos if they are taken at shows or do you ask for portaits to be done or commision photographers to come to your yard etc?

we had a photographer come to our yard but i was really dissapointed with the pic quality which was unfortunate really x

maddielove

Visit site
i have a couple...no professional.
I got a picture of me&&maddie when we got our first red rosette on canvas for my birthday, it sits on my bedroom wall.
Most of the pistures i have of maddie are on the computer so will hopefully get them onto a memory stick and head down to asda soonish!
but i'd love to have some professional photos of me and her abou the place.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Our kitchen and utility are covered in professional and our photographs you can't see the wall, lol, plus all our rosettes, etc. People love loopking at them when they come round.
grin.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
we have a little section in my living room with all the pictures (mostly proffesional, but some good ones taken by parents) of the horses, and we have one really nice one in the kitchen, and I have a few in my room too
laugh.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
The ones I have on display are mainly professional ones from events, though OH is a good photographer so some of his are up too. Have mine in clip frames on the kitchen wall, all mixed in with all sorts of other pics like cartoons, sketches etc. Have several that need framing and putting up but running out of space, may relegate some of the older ones to the wall in the downstairs loo!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Have a huge painting of Bertha hung on the mantlepiece in the main lounge, and a painting of hurk mid way up the staircase. Dad has loads of old teamchasing pics and ones of him whipping in, and there are quite a few pro ones of me up there now as well. Few pony pictures up in frames too, from my tiny days
laugh.gif

paintsplat05

Visit site
my bedroom walls are plastered with pics of the ginger man, i only really put them up after I sold him. My Mom's got one of us winning my first(and last!) 3ft showjumping class on the mantlepiece though

Sooty

Visit site
Yes, we have a pinboard in the kitchen with layers of photos on it, some going back to when Troggy first started riding. Not all horsey ones. I have a couple of nice competition ones in frames.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i have them in my room and some in the office but no ohers are the rest off my family arent intrested

[/ QUOTE ]

A_F who is the grey in your siggy? The one thats jumping? Is it who I think it is?

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I have the picture of me and Polly going through the Owl Hole at Stockland Lovel (in sig) A4 size on my wall.

It sits next to a picture of a French rider going over one of the Badminton fences caught by my exbf last spring. (I like to think my picture is better
blush.gif
wink.gif
)

Actually they look quite cool together because they were coincidentally taken at similar angles. Other than that I mostly have pictures of the dogs around the house. My brother is NOT horsey and would kick off if I plastered the walls with pictures of Pollyanna
grin.gif

jayvee

Visit site
I have 3 on the living room wall, one of my mare standing side on (like a stud pose) one of us team chasing over a jump and another of us hunting again over a hedge. Not professional and not big, but they are very special to me.

Puppy

Visit site
Sat here and now in my rather small student room - I have 19
blush.gif
framed photos - one has people in (mum and grandpa) - the rest are of Puppy, Star, Will and Billy.
grin.gif

Erm, so the answer is yesssss!!

Law

Visit site
I'm going to sound like i'm 12 now and tell you I've got four professional photos in my room and one more waiting to go up which have all got a string across them with all our rosettes on
wink.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I have photograpghers in family or friends then we get them framed or printed on to canvas but only nice photos so not too many becasue little things bug me far too much!!
wink.gif

I cant look at photos with out thinkng... god the sticking out toes or that bit stray hair!!
blush.gif
crazy.gif

IluvCH

Visit site
I've got a couple of small pro ones, then one we had really big as a "treat" but I actually don't like it much now lol we look really bad on it compared to how me look now (marginally better hehe)

I have loads of others I've taken. I never mean to buy pro ones then I think "wow he looks amazing there" and have to have it as he rarely looks amazing
tongue.gif
hehe

TGM

Visit site
I have several professional ones up of me competing, plus a composite one of more informal shots. Also our computer sits in the dining room and is on from the time we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed, so we have the screensaver set to lots of pics of our horses - so we have a constant slideshow of pictures
grin.gif

ladylisa

Visit site
I have a photo that i took of my old cob with my son sat on him bare back and a prof pic of me standing in the line up with a section a show pony that i used to show in-hand.
I dont have any on show of my current horse.

Fiona

Visit site
Too many to count, and more waiting to go up when I find the right type of picture hooks to go into our extremely hard cottage's walls. Mostly pro ones eventing, except for 1 I took of Ben when he was a young lad (now 24).
All our friend's houses are the same though, so noone has every made a negative comment about the number of them.

Everybody says "what an amazing pic" about this one....

Tandragee1d.jpg

The others are just normal nice jumping pics, but this is by far the best, and if we had a fire I would snatch it off the wall before I ran.....

FIona

RobinHood

Visit site
Far too many all over the shelves, mantlepiece etc in the lunge. I woudln't know where to start counting them, they are mainly xc photos of my sister's pony.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We have pictures of the original four 'girls' when we moved in taken by a friend who was a semi-pro photographer, we want him to come back to take pics of the new two and then they will go up too. In the sitting room

S_N

Visit site
Yep, though none of Hector yet. Have two lovely pencil drawings by our very own PF, one of Topper and one of B, in the lounge. Also in there we have a photo of B at Devon County this year and a pic of her Daddy above that. I also have a pencil drawing of Sportsnight and an oil of Berry, but they aren't up atm

nicnag

Visit site
Um well
crazy.gif
, in my living room I have *counts* 7 professional, 2 snapshots all framed then a couple of paintings of them. In my hall I have 3 huge frames with my rosettes, then a load of loose rosettes and piccies framed between them. Bedroom is neddie free though! Had less when I lived with ex but as he is gone I can fill the spaces left by his army photos!
smirk.gif