Do you ever grow out of the horse obsession???

Fransurrey

Visit site
I was always obsessed from toddler age. This despite coming from a non-horsey family and living on a council estate! Had to wait until I was 22 to have one of my own (he's the one I've just lost, aged 42). Before he was ill in Jan, I contemplated whether or not I'd get another when one of the ponies went. I realised I would just be fat and depressed, hence buying the coblet in Feb. Don't regret it for a second.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I can't remember ever not loving horses and I can't imagine not having them in at least some part of my life. I'm lucky that both my boys are a joy to do and currently rideable.

I've certainly had times when I've been frustrated and struggled due to lameness etc.

I'm less ambitious now so that helps but I do find not having my own transport a bit limiting. Sometimes bill juggling becomes tiresome and I'd be pretty comfortable financially if I didn't have them.

Trinket12

Visit site
I fell in love with horses when I was 3 and had my first ride on Lollipop the Shetland :D but it wasn't until about 3 years ago I was really able to indulge the obsession! Most recently with the purchase of Miss Sugar, and now all I think about is going riding. I feel like a kid again (when I used to be ready for my lesson about two hours before I needed to leave :p), work is now just a filler until it's time to head to the barn.

Which today is about 5 hours away...... :D

Borderreiver

Visit site
I haven't grown out of it at age 65 and I can't see the day. I have four ponies to care for and enjoy driving my home bred boy as often as possible though I have stopped riding. I keep them at home which is a great pleasure.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have been obsessed with horses for as long as i can remember and spent every moment i could at the yard, managed to buy my own age 21 and had horses until 2016 when i lost my last one.,got a loan horse almost straight after as couldnt face life without a horse, only gave her up in september last year as i couldnt physically do all of the jobs and couldnt afford to pay someone else to do them...i am now 73 and still window shop on the internet and daydream that i had won the lottery and could buy my own again...they say money doesnt buy happiness but it would give me lots of happiness if i could own and ride a horse again.....i only had horse pics when i was very young but have photos of all of my horses on my living room wall, even now...lovely memories :)

oldie48

Visit site
It happens when you tot up how much they have cost you over a 10 or so year period and you realise that if you hadn't had horses you would could have afforded a house in the Cotswolds and an Aston Martin and still have money to spare. o_O
But what is the point of that if you don't have a horse in your life?

[139672]

Visit site
Yes I did but mine morphed into having a dog instead. Mind you took 18 years of me nagging my hubby to be allowed a pet. I admit that I did resort to emotional blackmail in the end! 😬🤭