Do you give your farrier

Horseyscot

Visit site
anything for Christmas?

Mine is coming in the morning and I thought I would give him a bottle of Sloe Gin, does anyone else do this? and what do you give?

grin.gif

LadyRascasse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He is the best farrier in the world!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but mine is, any farrier that can sort out a horse that couldn't walk on his foot written off by 3 vets and 3 other farrier, to get it back to being able to compete. is most definatly the best farrier in the world
grin.gif
and of course he and his lovely wife get a pressie, it would be rude not to!!!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Ok, ok but I’m sure there is room for more then one ‘Best Farrier in the World’ in this world, he, he!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Psssss....... Robin you are still the best Farrier ever to me!
laugh.gif

TGM

Visit site
My OH is a farrier and most of the customers give him a pressie at Christmas - mostly booze, but sometimes chocolates, stilton, vouchers etc. If they are really canny they get a present for me instead, as I am the person who prioritises the diary!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

LauraB123

Visit site
Def worth looking after your farrier espec if you have a good one! Mine gets as many biscuits as he can eat and as many cups of coffee as he likes everytime he comes. Def xmas pressies too!

Puppy

Visit site
My farrier is the fabbiest
tongue.gif
and yes I often get him a pressie if I'm going to see him any time remotely near Christmas, which I will this year
smile.gif
Probably a bottle of something
smile.gif
Oh, and some of my mothers baking, which I swear is the main reason he shoes for us
grin.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Didn't realise I was being that mean!
blush.gif

Although perhaps my mum does give him a present? Haven't a clue - she does all the shoeing! (not spolit, just that she doesn't work and its easier than me taking a day of work, plus she rides too
wink.gif
)

I will ask - might get his first present this year, and he'll have oyu guys to thank. Although we've had him for 25 years, so he can't entirely hate us
blush.gif
grin.gif

LadyRascasse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, ok but I’m sure there is room for more then one ‘Best Farrier in the World’ in this world, he, he!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Psssss....... Robin you are still the best Farrier ever to me!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ok yours can be the best farrier in kent!! mine can be the best farrier in west sussex/hampshire/windsor lmao.

gillianfleming

Visit site
Oh yes a nice bottle, took us ages to pick this year lol, he does always get coffee and home made cake everytime as well, its always different and the last time he requested a mince meat cake so thats what we made.

nessie1288

Visit site
A bottle of bacardi (yuk) and £20 for his son, they are both farriers. We have one that has been in bar shoes and pads and they are brill.

DW Team

Visit site
Yes he came to me on Monday gave him £20 in his card and bottle of whiskey. He has been wonderful putting up with my horses who sometimes do not behave even though I work with them between visits

Troylimbo1

Visit site
No pressies here!
They are one of the only trades not to suffer in the recession according to my farrier.
They are loaded anyway
smile.gif

joeanne

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They are loaded anyway
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Try telling my farrier that! I think you would be in danger of getting your nose rasped!
Shoes are getting more expensive for the farriers to buy in, petrol is ever increasing in price, and then take into account travelling time. Not really a huge profit in it (my farrier works 6 days a week just to make ends meet!)
Yes I shall be giving my farrier and his new wife a nice present, with the grief my lot give him, he will certainly be deserving of it!

toteymote

Visit site
Yes i think we normally give him money or something small.He's not always on time! But he's so good with toto as he used to be a bit wary of people he didn't know well but he just falls asleep when he gets his shoes done! And he is even coming to do his shoes in the afternoon on christmas eve so I think he deserves a present!

terrierliz

Visit site
Yes, normally give him a card with some money in it - he came this morning and I haven't written my cards yet so will leave one on his doorstep before Christmas with some homemade mince pies (haven't made these yet either)!

Twiglet

Visit site
I put £20 in his card this morning....the least I can do, he is the most reliable, on time and helpful farrier I've ever known. He arrived within an hour of my panicked phone call last week to get Ziggy's shoe off and sort his abscess out....has since been calling regularly to find out how he's healing and is generally fabulous.