Do you go for training stays with a trainer?

_jetset_

Visit site
I have been going to a trainer and staying there for 2-3 days up until all of our building work commenced. Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep them in work due to the amount of time I have spent managing the project and am just about to get cracking again.

I really miss my days away training more than I ever thought I would do.

Does anyone else travel a considerable distance and spend a few days with their trainer?

I was making a 4 hour trip.

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
I did when I trained and competed regularly and not only really enjoyed it but learnt a lot each time. I really like this form of training and although I am focusing on teaching at the moment, when I am back to regularly training myself this would be something I would definitely do again.

_jetset_

Visit site
The costs of travel is quite prohibitive, but I really did love it and hope to do it again in the new year when everything has settled down.

We are a little limited with trainers in the area I live, so I have to travel anyway.

HayleyUK

Visit site
I'd like to, but my trainer doesn't offer it, she's an hour each way so I try to go 2x a month and have someone at home 1/2x a month.

I'm no where near the level of most on here.

dianchi

Visit site
I have done a week long training with my trainer at home before, ie lesson everyday for a week, I did think that it really helped!

Friend of mine does travel down to Anna Ross Davis and do a 3 day session with a comp on the last day. Seems to work for her to!

Twiglet

Visit site
I did this weekend :) (post here: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?641003-Going-great-guns-at-the-Gauntletts)

Travelled three hours each way but it was a smooth motorway journey and the horses seemed to cope fine with it. On the last day we had two lessons over the course of the morning and gave them a little rest (and a shot of electrolytes each) before travelling.

I'm already planning on going back in Feb, it was hugely useful to be able to consolidate training over an intense period.