Do You Have a Borrower..... ?

_OC_

Visit site
Do you have one on your yard...they don't buy there own stuff just loan yours....years ago I knew a girl that helped herself to all sorts of my things.....and I found myself always saying "That's OK" through gritted teeth....when I felt like saying, buy your own and s*d off!!!! My most a annoying thing when people help themselves to my fork and brushes......and the biggest offence is using my dustpan and brush and not returning it........what is yours!!!!
mad.gif

horsegirl

Visit site
my stable rubber (teatowel) vanished without a trace and and empty mini lick box that I wanted to keep was thrown away although it was with my stuff.

Baileysno1

Visit site
I can't say no......theres two teenage girls who share my tackroom they use all my stuff - the other week she even had my long leather boots on. I might as well have mug tatooed accross my forehead, I also can't say no to favours I have 6 horses to feed and turn out tomorrow, one of the ladies I hack out with makes me chant no, no , no no shes training me not to be such a pushover!

the watcher

Visit site
Not any more, if I catch somebody using something of mine without asking I explain that I like to leave my stuff in exactly the same place every day is I am there very early and very late and need a routine....if anybody asks I would nearly always say yes..but with the 'please replace it as you found it' lecture

Luckily at my present yard we are all adults and this goes some way to reducing the problem

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
I don't mind people borrowing my stuff as long as they put it back, it drives me nuts when I have to walk round the yard looking for my fork etc. Saying that though it doesn't happen often, we often borrow each others stuff in my barn but we always put it back so no probs caused. have had it at previous yards though, was also a lot of hay and shavings being 'borrowed' too.

kildalton

Visit site
This is one of the reasons I'm glad we're leaving our present yard. Stuff disappears, rechargeable clippers are always flat etc.I haven't got a problem with people borrowing things as long as they put it back in the condition they found it.

not_with_it

Visit site
Yes me
grin.gif
YO often leaves things lying around and its much easier to use it than unlock the tackroom. Yes I am very lazy! It works both ways we always borrow each others things but none of us mind as it always gets replaced.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Years ago I was on a yard where nothing stayed put.
Last yard there was only me and another woman and a young kid. I had a couple of things go walkabout. The woman I could trust implicitly, but the girl had a habit of borrowing things, though it was mostly YO's stuff.
Current yard, there is only me and YO's groom. I can leave what I like in the yard and know it won't go walkabout. I have no problem with people borrowing stuff, as long as they return it!

kick_On

Visit site
i think all yards do, i never mind people borrowing stuff, but they must return it to were it lives- Or i go skywards
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Or the other thinking i hate is folks borrowing stuff and it running out, and then not telling you, so when you go to use there's none left
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Unfortunately our YO is more likely to borrow than anyone else. She did borrow a lunge line from a girl in the next block (with her permission) and her step father who is known to cause trouble came into our block and searched our tack boxes muttering about theives. It was found later next to the school

miamibear

Visit site
We have a few but luckily enough now my stuff is seperated out from everyone elses nobody really bothers, if people ask i always say yes then remember who took it.

We did go through a phase of leadropes going missing, one of the culprits has left the yard and the other is in another field thank goodness!!

We do have problems with people borrowing me and my friends mounting stool, it always turns up but its a nightmare if you want to ride!!

a1b2c3

Visit site
My pet hate is people running out of feed and 'borrowing' yours. at my old yard there was a woman who would always run out, and ask if she could just borrow one scoop of yours........ one scoop every night for a week she meant!!!

Im pretty laid back and dont mind if people borrow my stuff, but if it wasnt put back, or was not in the condition in which it was found, i would let the borrower know i wasnt a very happy bunny.

Luckily im on a really small yard now, just three owners, and we all get along so its not a problem for me atm
smile.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
My wheelbarrow
mad.gif
Have found it thown over the other side of the muck heap (goine over the wall) Left full of muck - Several times. Gonna put a padlock on it!!

got down last night, and the muck heap trailer had been taken and not put back, so my barrow had been used and left full, cos there was no where to empty it! Is that my problem???? (it was there when I got down!!)

Brush and muck out fork sometimes disappear. But there is one person that borrows stuff and does'nt return it. She borrowed my spurs (not that I have ever used them, but thats not the point) Two days later I was sat watching someone in the indoor school and they were there on the floor! she had just left them!

Then there was the haynet issue............., and the missing lunge whip!

Don't generally lend stuff now, and keep everything locked away!

Twiglet

Visit site
I have things borrowed and moved - mainly by my groom and my trainer unfortunately!! The other liveries are 99.99% fine!

I've bought a very nice new wheelbarrow which I've obviously given groom permission to use for my stable......unfortunately she also uses it for 7 other stables on the yard and leaves it out in all elements too! Along with my fork, broom and scoop obviously.......

rema

Visit site
Luckily no not on our yard.The YO and fellow livery have more stuff than me!!!.But if anything is used it is always replaced/returned.
grin.gif

At an old yard they borrowed my saddle,bridle and even the bloody horse on more than one occasion!!.Now that got my goat!!.
frown.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
I brought a £19 yard broom and people keep using it to sweep the yard! It's now got grass growing out of it and I shout and scowl at anyone that moves near to it!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
My hoofpick! Small but very useful as pick horses feet out all the time – going in to the stable, leaving the stable, after riding…woe betide anyone if it is not on the ledge outside my stable where I leave it! Quite happy to lend with permission any array of tack and rugs and clippers, just irritates me if it’s not put back in the same way/same state as it was given…

Kristine

Visit site
At our last yard there was a lady in our barn who was very ..........strange. there were only 4 of us in our barn but 6 horses. One of the ladies use's a chair to put her stuff on and to mount her horse. The lady in the next stable left a very bitchy message saying.....Do not leave the chair outside my stable you have no need for it.....These 2 ladies were close friends.
Also I was very close with the dressage rider on our yard she let ME use her roller for lunging then next time lisa lunged spring(girl i share horse with) she used the roller and got herself in trouble!
Lisa doesn't care about anybody else! she would use lunge lines bungee's bot knives my hat! she doesn't care and it more than bugs me!
I bought a grackle bridle for spring to go showjuming in and well she's using it everyday! its very expensive and very nice! *might have to pop down yard and get that back:p*