Do you have a plan for if you die?

Birker2020

Visit site
Sadly a fellow livery on my yard died suddenly (and far too young) this week. And it made me realise that although my husband helps with my mare he doesn't know what feeds she has or what my wishes would be for her if I were to die.

Do any of you have a plan and what do you have documented?
I made a Will years back but after a few years destroyed it and didn't bother making another but when Mum dies i will as i will inherit a lot of money and it would be worthwhile, right now I don't have much at all, I'm not even on the mortgage for the house.

As I've not had the new boy long I don't particuarly have any preference what happens to him i.e. whether he's kept or sold on (if he's worth anything now) so I'm sure YO/partner/best friend would sort it out between themselves. I haven't the tie to him that I had with the previous who I'd had many years.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Yep, I have some really lucky friends who will inherit the horses and all my equestrian related items including car and trailer to help cover costs and do as they feel fit with it all. They also get the 50p which is in my bank balance. Between them all they will make the right decisions for whatever horses I have.

pistolpete

Visit site
I know someone else whose son said he’d take his mums cats on. She’s been ill for some time but was comforted thinking her son would have her beloved cat. When she died he gave the cat to the cats protection league!!

wren123

Visit site
I know someone else whose son said he’d take his mums cats on. She’s been ill for some time but was comforted thinking her son would have her beloved cat. When she died he gave the cat to the cats protection league!!

Oh god that’s really awful, although I suppose it gave his mum piece of mind.

stangs

Visit site
I can understand why someone might do that, but not how they’d be able to live with themselves afterwards.

Sealine

Visit site
As the owner of an ageing dog and horse this has got me thinking. Does anyone know if it’s possible to have the ashes of a horse or dog buried with them? Either in their coffin or in the same plot. I’m guessing not but it was just a thought.

Andie02

Visit site
As the owner of an ageing dog and horse this has got me thinking. Does anyone know if it’s possible to have the ashes of a horse or dog buried with them? Either in their coffin or in the same plot. I’m guessing not but it was just a thought.

If the appropriate arrangements are made with the undertaker it is feasible to have your pets ashes placed with you in your coffin, subject to the individual undertaker.