Do you have a visiting Robin at the yard?

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Really random but wondering whether Robins commonly hang around near horses?

I have 3 horses on 2 different yards and now that its light in the mornings, I typically see a robin at both yards each morning! but I also recall one from my old yard that used to hang around on the fencing waiting for the horses to finish their dinner!

now the reason its a random question, is because, a year ago, I went for a physic reading and the woman asked me "who gets visited by a robin" I didn't know. I was sat in the kitchen telling my mum and we both looked out the doors and on the fence was a robin! and ever since, I've noticed Robins LOTS!!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have a down-yard robin & an up-yard robin, they occasionally have a dust up in the middle but generally keep to their own patch.
I have no idea how long they live for, but we've had a down-yard robin for over 30 yrs, the up-yard robin only appeared in Jan 2004 & both have been in residence since, or handed their patch on to another when they popped off, who knows :)

Love watching them :)

eggs

Visit site
We've had a couple of robins n the yard for a number of years. They are very territorial and have a bust up if one encroaches on the other's area.

DW Team

Visit site
I have one that hangs about while I am mucking out. He is very partial to meal worms. In time I think he might start hand feeding in time.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
awww cute! I was hoping I had one robin following me between yards haha (only a mile apart) but I think I must have one at the yard and another down by his field, as its always by the gate when I put him out, which is quite a walk from the yard

djedgley

Visit site
I have a robin in my stables who feeds from my hand. He loves currants!! I googled them recently and found out that the average robin only lives for one year & seven months!! I hope mine will live longer as he is so well fed.

AmieeT

Visit site
We have one at our yard that tends to hang around. I remember someone posting on here that a Robin is someone you've lost returning to you- this one followed me up to the field one day and then sat on the fence while Red gave him a good sniff- and then came down with us. It made me think of that post, as I lost an Aunt in August who was American and was too ill to visit by the time I got Red- she would always say how much she'd love to meet him, and though I'm not particularly spiritual it felt like her meeting him :)

Ax

Hayjay

Visit site
I remember someone posting on here that a Robin is someone you've lost returning to you

I was told this too. I often see a Robin when I'm mucking out so always say 'hello Dad' and have a chat with him 😊😍😊

Nosey

Visit site
Yes love the & I've also heard that it's a loved one come back to visit you so I call my fat one after someone we lost a few months ago ( who also had a bit of a tummy! ) I've put a feeder outside my mares box & leave some mealworms down each morning too. Such bright cheery little birds!

tashcat

Visit site
We have the most dear Robin!

He lives in the same stable as a sweet hunting pony and hops about some other stables near by. He is often helping out with any spilt food, and is really cheerful for such little bird!

Merrymoles

Visit site
We do and he likes mucking out time!

But at home we have loads - they nest in our garage. They have learnt to use the seed feeders (when they can be bothered) but they are my absolutest bestest mates when I am digging the veg patches or the borders when they stay so close I'm always worried I'll put the fork through one. We do get a fair few punch ups because they are very territorial.

Joyous70

Visit site
We have one that comes into the barn, and sits on top of the breeze block walls, one of the girls puts food out for him now. I sat watching him a few weeks ago, sitting on my late pony's stable door, and then he flew down and sat on my youngsters stable door and had a chat with her, so i kind of like the idea the robin is my late pony come back to check on us all. :)

misskk88

Visit site
We always had the same little robin appear to watch us feed in the mornings, especially in colder weather. It would sit on the edge of the door or window. I think it knew when its feed time was too!!!

AngelitoCaz

Visit site
I have one that flies out when you open the stable door and makes me jump everytime, my youngster looks at me like I've gone mad spooking at things she's not bothered about

friesian76

Visit site
I have 1 at home and 2 at stables, never heard before that robins are a lost love one coming to visit. But I like that idea. One at yard will feed from your hang, I give him suet pellets and mealworms.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Yes I had one nest in stable last year but then a magpie killed the three little babies. This morning I traveled to the yard at 5am with two barn owls love to see them

happyclappy

Visit site
We have had Robins on our yard since we bought it just over fifteen years ago. They like to eat out of our horses bowls, and sit on the haylage and cuddle up in the barn and feed room. Love them, and all our other birds including the kestrels, but not the flipping magpies

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Aww they all sound lovely. I used to work in sainsbury's and we had one in the warehouse that was very brave

My physic lady told me that the Robin is not my nan but when the Robin is around she is around. So i always say. Morning nanny carol.