Do you know the answer?

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I'm curious as to why some days when I ride I'm so nervous I feel physically sick and yet other days, like today, I feel perfectly fine and nothing fazes me? I ride the same horse all the time so it's not because I react differently to different horses. I wish I always felt like I do today. :)

attheponies

Visit site
If it's any consolation, I'm exactly the same! I tend to be much more confident if the sun is shining but I felt quite wobbly today and it was the most gorgeous afternoon. Sometimes I feel like I could ride round Badminton (well nearly), other days I feel really wobbly just going for a gently walk round the fields and like you, I don't know why!!!!!!!!!

welshponylover

Visit site
Hmm...i haven't really had experience of it but (trying to put this into suitable terms) i am a teenager and i think kids worry less! My mum rides and she worries so much! I'll get on anything and try all sorts (i am a bit wimpy jumping but i am getting better and it was from a nasty fall jumping).
Maybe when you feel nervous, do some natural horsemanship or bonding with the horse for quite a while first so that by the time you ride you feel more confident. And on the days you are in a better 'mood' take pics/videos to prove to yourself that you can do it!!
Good Luck hope it gets better :)

posie_honey

Visit site
prob depends on how the rest of your life is going and how you feel mentally in general....
ETA- and i'm the same ;) i've jumped 3'6 on my mare - other days i shake at the thought of 1ft - doh!! i'm totally inconsistant - but i find it goes with how i feel in general - ie if something else is worryinmg me i'm less confident etc

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
Glad it's not just me. Sometimes other people make me feel a bit worthless and useless. My boy is so good, had him nearly 6 years and he is a big softie, love him to bits :D