Do you monitor your Dogs when you are out?

LaurenBay

Visit site
Does anyone have a camera to monitor their Dogs whilst they are out? I'd love to be able to check in on Ralph when I am not in.

Any recommendations?

meleeka

Visit site
I do know someone that does. My SIL had a dog camera to monitor comings and goings. I don’t know which make it was but it worked really well and wouldn’t have been very expensive. Do remember to change your default password though as someone hacked into hers. Apparently all default passwords are the same so easily done unless you change it.

It would be a waste of money in this house judging by the sleepy dog that greets me and the dent in my quilt.

SadKen

Visit site
Yes, I use a Topcony one which you can talk through, and which you can move around to see the whole room. It was cheap at 50 quid and runs via an app. I probably would spend a bit more and get a UK system if I was buying again. I love being able to keep an eye on mine while I'm out although he spends most of his time asleep! And I can't talk to him through it, because if I do, he howls.

RunToEarth

Visit site
My friend has one with two way speaker that dispenses treats. It’s marvellous - although whilst she was showing me how it “worked” she set her dogs off barking and her dog sitter came down in his undercrackers - she had forgotten to tell him she had a camera and we all saw more than we bargained for!

Clodagh

Visit site
My friend has one with two way speaker that dispenses treats. It’s marvellous - although whilst she was showing me how it “worked” she set her dogs off barking and her dog sitter came down in his undercrackers - she had forgotten to tell him she had a camera and we all saw more than we bargained for!

I have to admit, if I was the dog sitter I would be livid!

hurricane124

Visit site
We have a dog camera from amazon. It was only about £30 but it's great. We got it cause the neighbour had complained about barking. Not sure what she was on about cause I'm yet to see the dog awake!
It has 2 way audio and we can look back through the day and rotate it through 360 degrees.
We love it

eatmyshorts

Visit site
We have 4 CCTV cameras, plus another small independent camera which you can move around. You can access them via a wifi app. I'm sorry i don't know the makes. The CCTV was a few hundred pounds, the other one about £25. Really good & useful to have. I have a friend who's dog has epilepsy & she uses it to monitor his fits.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
We use Logitech Circle cameras, bit overkill for just a dog cam but it's part of a wider home security system (rural car theft hotspot!)

Mostly it just produces hours of high definition videos of dogs sleeping but it was invaluable for house training the puppy.

LaurenBay

Visit site
We have a dog camera from amazon. It was only about £30 but it's great. We got it cause the neighbour had complained about barking. Not sure what she was on about cause I'm yet to see the dog awake!
It has 2 way audio and we can look back through the day and rotate it through 360 degrees.
We love it

Do you have a link?

Hexx

Visit site
I think all my footage would be of one asleep in the dog bed and one asleep on the chair he's not allowed on (judging by the dents in the cushion!).

The dog walker sent me a pic the other day to say that the eldest wouldn't get up - he'd got himself cocooned in the blankets in his bed and he wasn't going anywhere, he was nice and warm and comfy - thank you very much!