Do you own an unusual breed?

Rachel_M

Visit site
Having read Jobo's post in PG, about the lovely Badger the Fjord, I just wondered does anyone else on the forum own an unusual or rare breed?
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
I did own a rare breed for about a year. I sold him because he was a total dumbass! He was a registered, jet black Canadian (Cheval Canadien). I would never have another, although I do have two liverying here.

eoe

Visit site
Not personally but one of my friends owns a Russian Budney. They are a bit like a very fine thoroughbred but have plenty of attitude.

rocketdog69

Visit site
I have a Spanish Norman colt, theres maybe only a dozen of them in the uk, when his half brother gets exported to Holland, my boy will be the only colt in the country!

Tia

Visit site
Is that an Andalusian crossed with Percheron? I've heard someone over here going on about Spanish Normans - just wondered if your ones in Europe are made up of the same cross? You really do have a new and rare breed
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
We are on our second clydesdale which is on the endangered/at risk list. We do plan to breed at least one foal from Farra later as she is a good example, registered in the stud book and with good bloodlines to help keep the breed going.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Mm, not sure if mine counts but I have a Highland x ID which I can categorically say is NOT a good combination!! Still, had her for 21 years so she must be doing something right! Never come across that combination anywhere else.

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Used to have a Palomino Equus Kinsky. I sold her to Firmin on here a few years ago and is now happily having stunning babies.
smile.gif
smile.gif

There's only about 1000 of them in the world apparently.

rocketdog69

Visit site
Yes, he's by and Andalusian stallion out of a french bred Percheron and he lives in Wiltshire. Only 18 months old, 10 inches of bone and a good 16hh already. Substance and bone to die for. Angel of a temperament too. The Americans breed them as sports horses. If you google Spanish Norman it will take you to an American website which is quite interesting.

Janah

Visit site
I have a Highland x TB.

I believe pure Highlands are now at risk. I would love to own one and if I ever need to replace my boy, god forbid, that is what I will get.

Jane

Tia

Visit site
Oooh they are lovely! What a clever idea to reinvent an old breed. It sounds like you get the best of both worlds, the elegance and grace of the Andalusian and the sensibilities and power of the Percheron. That's actually a really exciting prospect - no wonder you are happy with your boy.
smile.gif