Do you think anyone would be interested in having a 4 year old dressage horse on loan

rubyrumba

Visit site
I am thinking about putting my horse out on loan for dressage, do you think I'd have any interest due to her age?
Thanks

4faults

Visit site
Yes definitely, if I had money for another I would love to run a youngster alongside my girl.

You could advertise her and see what kind of response you get, start with free sites and if you get replies but no one suitable widen your net?

rubyrumba

Visit site
I'm seeing what reactions I get on here first before I spend money advertising. Free sites would be a good starting point. Thanks!

welshone

Visit site
I know someone looking! Her horse has just been kicked and looks like will be off for at least a year. She was just starting competing bd novice with good scores having had her from a 2yr old. She would love something else to ride but prob can't afford to buy another at mo until finished with vet bills! pm me for more info.

Worried1

Visit site
It depends on why you are loaning. Some people may be loathe to invest time and moneY on something that may be taken back.

Suziq77

Visit site
It depends on why you are loaning. Some people may be loathe to invest time and moneY on something that may be taken back.

Agree with this. Personally I wouldn't loan either of my babies out at the stage they are at right now, if my circumstances changed and I couldn't ride them myself I'd rather enter into a contractual arrangement where I would have proper input into their education and schooling. I have leased my outgrown competition ponies before where it was clearly stated what rights and obligations both parties had but these were older established ponies.

But that's just personal preference, I often see people advertising youngsters for loan to gain experience so presumably there are lots of other people who feel differently to me.

Vickijay

Visit site
I was also wondering this as I have a homebred 4yo that I'd like a rider for. I guess the difference in me would be that I would never want her back as she's too small for me so the right person could keep her indefinitely.

I want her to be a bit more educated before I even think about it though, as I only backed her and turned her away at 3.

I know deep down that she should be sold but I just don't think I could having bred her, talked to her when she was inside my mares tummy and cared for her for the last 4 years.

I do worry that good enough people wouldn't want her in case I wanted her back but I will have to try, she's ace so that might help.

Keep us posted with what happens as I'd be interested to know what sort of response you get