Do you think anyone would want to share her?

lennysmith

Visit site
Ok. So think I've decided for deffinate I want to keep Denver, however, I am going to need soemone to help out with Josie with regards to the time and as we're moving yards to a more expensive place, a bit of the cost. So was thiking about advertising for a sharer. But, would anyone want her?

She is 6 and very green in the school. As you know she was only just broken when I got her and very nervous so we took things very slowly. We were really getting somewhere but then obviously we ground to halt when we found out about Denver. We will be on the edge of a fab country park when we move, and she is the best hacker I've ever ridden, also the safest thing on 4 legs.(Exactly like these horses you get off the safecob type websites) I'm an excpeptionally nervous rider and have NEVER felt unsafe on her. She is more than willing to do anything, however, is not your been there done it type. Do you think someone would want to share her, to help me bring her on? Or is she just not the type that people want?

thanks xxxx

Haflinger

Visit site
I think she is the sort a lot of people would want!
smile.gif
And yes, someone is most likely to want to share/help out with her.

lennysmith

Visit site
Really? Oh good.

The horrid bitchy people I'm getting away from down the yard laughed when I said about a sharer.

Yeah so she doesn't jump 4 ft but she'll take your nan for a safe quiet hack, or your daughter for a good gallop with brakes. I get so defensive of her, she's my baby, was just wondering if I couldn't see the truth if you get what I mean?

_jetset_

Visit site
I think someone would definitely want to share her... after all, she's sort of a project for someone who doesn't have their own horse or has a youngster that they cannot ride. She's only six, so she is bound to be green, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Would you let someone else compete her? These are things that people will ask when they are thinking of sharing her, because a lot of people like seeing their hard work is paying off and one way of this is taking them to a few competitions. I know when I took Han to her first I was just so impressed with her, it made all my hard work worth while!

Glad to hear you're keeping Denver. Do you have any idea how big he is going to be?

lennysmith

Visit site
I would love someone to compete her! May give me the oomph to do some myself. She LOVES her jumping, and is so safe in new places, that I'd trust her to look after anyone.

Denevr we think is gonna be a big boy. Vet keeps saying oo he'll hit 16.3, but I dont know, he is big though, and his bum is getting bigger by the day (along with his attitude). I can see his potential now, and I just cant lose him!

Twiglet

Visit site
Hey JosieJo!!

I may know of just the person, want me to put some feelers out? She used to be a sharer at my yard, but the horse was moved and she couldn't go that far. Nice girl, nice quiet rider.

You'll definitely find someone for Josie by the sounds of it, so many people are desperate for a horse they feel safe with - it's not something to be underrated!

And of course, Weald is a big draw, but then I'm biased!!

lennysmith

Visit site
YES please!! That would be fantastic!!! Obviously she cant/wont hack out at the mo coz of baby D, but schooling isn't a prob if she wanted to come and see her.

It would be lovely to find someone through word of mouth, you know how special she is to me. xx

Twiglet

Visit site
Cool - well I haven't spoken to her in a while - have just sent her an email and am hoping she's still on the same address.

If not, I'll definitely keep eyes and ears peeled for anyone else looking. It's going to be easier now that you're in the same area obviously, as I know a few round that way.

rach1984horse

Visit site
I think you'd find a sharer easily. As everyone else has said a lot of people like a project. On the other hand a lot of people just want to go for a quiet hack once or twice a week, so when she's hacking out again you might find someone that would want to take her for a stroll in the country side a couple of days a week.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Yeah as said,there will be someone to share her with,there is something for everyone if you know what i mean,i am just about to advertise for a sharer for my mare to help with cost and time,must do my adverts tomorrow as i have the day off
smile.gif

Good luck with finding one,and just ignore those bitchy people,probably just jealous.

JAK

Visit site
'Would anyone want to share her?' Are you barmy? Of course they bl**dy would, you utter dope! LOL
laugh.gif

Ignore the vile, bitchy morons who laughed at the suggestion - she sounds a total munchkin - she might be very green schooling-wise but safe hacking horses sell for thousands - worth their weight in platinum to many people!
smile.gif

If you could find somebody who would enjoy helping bring her on the school but would appreciate a nice horse to hack out on as well, you could have the perfect arrangement!

Don't grab the first interested person to come along though, make sure they can ride well enough to be of actual help re. the 'schooling on', as you may find yourself inundated with those only interested in the 'safe hack' part of the arrangement!

lennysmith

Visit site
Naw thanks everyone. JAK a munchkin is a perfect way to describe her. She's my baby.

I will be careful who I get you're right. I do need someone to help with the schooling on, or I could see I'd end up doing all the schooling and someone else would get allt he nice hacks.

xx

Claireg9

Visit site
Firstly younger people who's mums cant afford to buy a horse would be interested, secondly people who are nervous riders and just want to hack out will be interested (Sounds lovely on a park!) thirdly those people again not able to afford there own due to maybe moving out or lack of funds that want a project and a challenge might quite like her!
Im sure you'll find someone!
Claire x

miamibear

Visit site
Dont think you will have any problems to be honest.

If i was looking she would be perfect for me, as im sure she would for others too.

Make sure you choose the right person though, dont want her ruining

Twiglet

Visit site
JosieJo, unfortunately the person I had in mind has left their job and I don't have an up to date email address for them - grrrr!

If you PM me all Josie's details, I'll pop a note up at the yard in case someone knows of anyone locally they can recommend.

Have you got a moving date yet?