Do you think he's here for life?

Taken for granted or just lazy.....

• Total voters

Skhosu

Visit site
So my boy (I've posted about before) is a PN eventer who has done N reasonably well (not with me!) and has done well with me (a relatively novice PN rider) this season.HE weaves, has a dipped back and bumpy leaves and is injury prone, a hot head, loses condition easily and has an enlarge ethmoid that needs scoped every 6 months. D'ya think he's joining the hairy connemara pony as a permanent feature? (he can still do everything, but certainly not easy on the bank balance! (and who bets he'll need the ethmoid removed after a year when the insurance won't pay out?))

Skhosu

Visit site
so anyone care to elaborate? Perhaps the maybe's? Is that in, maybe if you find someone so crazy? Maybe if he is a nice horse?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Could he have a load of potential vet's bills attatched and would his working life be cut short because of what he's got going wrong with him?

Skhosu

Visit site
regars the ethomid, the scoping would be expensive I would say, and after a year I'm thinking our insurance will exclude all wind related things? So far no mention of operation, he just has a constantly runny nose.
Will his working life be cut short? Currently, no reason it should be.
The vet says he COULD have difficulty working in an outline, but he doesn't, is very well schooled and responsive on the flat so dipped back doesn't really affect him.
My main problem now will be what to do with him if I go away to uni next year.

Patches

Visit site
Maybe if he's super cheap!
tongue.gif

Sounds a challenge, in more ways than one....bet he's lovely though!

Skhosu

Visit site
lol, yup, no money back me thinks!
He is lovely, but a super sensitive git at times (recently learnt that apparently all horses out of the yard he started at are..) (ok..ish.. to clip, mane pulling=needs put in head lock. vets=byebye!) Lovely nature though! :b
Would I be able to find a loan home d'ya think?
Unfortunately he is also a 'forward going' hack, so mum refuses to get on 17hh of snorting, plunging beastie!
Must remind myself to buy suitable horse who do NOT decrease in value the moment they leave the yard...

Patches

Visit site
I've learned to put my husband's name on the passports. I have terrible veterinary luck with any horse I buy in my name!

Every horse has their "thing". Seems your lad is just extra special....a diva perhaps?
wink.gif

Someone would possibly loan him, but would they want the veterinary committment as most loanees take over the insurance and vet bills.

Skhosu

Visit site
hum...... maybe I should just live with the parents until my dependees( him and useless connie) are 'grown up'??!!
laugh.gif
:D
Maybe it's because I changed his name?

Patches

Visit site
Ooooooo sacrilege!!!!!
grin.gif

I changed Bailey's name from Sandy (blooming God awful name) and look what happened to him? Rode him about 10 time (if that) in two and a bit years!
frown.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
uh oh..... only thing is he was previously called 'cari', which I think is a girls name!
Think he's forgotten it now anyway...me hopes!
So, d'ya reckon if I keep him, he'll live to 53? (the pony is livin to a thousand, that's a fact, because he's useless!)
oh dear....I think I may never get another horse!

kirstyfk

Visit site
You could always put him out on loan as he seems he does well competing and has some ability but it would be difficult to sell him with the things you mentioned above.

loobylu

Visit site
Just a thought, it may be me having had such bleeding awful loans in the past but I would be more prepared to buy such a horse than to loan him. If you buy, then you own the horse and have full authority over what he does, what you get done, and when enough is enough. With a loan you don't and disagreements with the owner over vet/management matters can get nasty and are heartbreaking for all involved.
crazy.gif