Do you think this horse could do working hunter?

showjump

Visit site
As the title says really. He is a grade b showjumper but afew people have said he would make a good worker. I think i might try it with his as a change from just showjumping. He loves himself and is a real show off so i think he might like the attention. My only worry is that he looks alot leaner than other workers i know showing people/ judges like more weight, or am i wrong. Any coments are welcome, tell me now hes not a worker before the judge does!!
smile.gif

The first pic makes him look more chunky- hes more like the second photo(sorry the second ones rubbish but its the only side on view ive got)

myhorsesjumping001.jpg

bollyinfield.jpg

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
What a lovely horse
laugh.gif

Isn't there a thing where if the horse has won over a certain amount of money competing then the horse isn't eligible for workers?

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I would say yes.. as with workers, you've still got to jump a clear round!!

As for the wight thing, any judge worth their salt will be able to see through it.. the only reason for getting a horse pig fat is to cover up conformation faults!!
I won a big WHP class with a horse that was fit to do a CCI* event!!

The second pic isn't very good, as you can't really see him proper side on, it looks like it's slightly taken from an angle, with the camera just behind the horse.. giving the impression of being slightly long, with a firly small arse!
I would get a little (only a little) more weight on him, as this will shorten him up!! don't think there's alot you can do about the bum haha i'm guessing it's just the camera angle that isn't doing it any favours???

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Iwould love to see a pic where he is standing side on. He certainly can jump well enough (although you have to attack the fences in hunting style and will be penalised for "show jumping" the fences). He looks fairly well covered anyway, so I would say go for it. How big is he and are you over or under 25?

showjump

Visit site
Il take a pic of him side on today and post it later on. He is 16hh and im under 25 does this make a difference to whether or not we can do worker or which class i can do?
lil_northener- i live in warrington, what bout you?