Do you think this is fair?

faerie666

Visit site
My boss is on holiday at the moment and has asked me to sell a horse on our yard while she's away, and said she'd give me a bit of money for doing this. Now, just before she went on holiday she went to ireland to look at some new point-to-pointers to buy, and now the owners of one of the horses she's interested in has said that they would take the horse i'm supposed to sell as part exchange and have offered slightly more money than what i'm advertising her for. However, this is subject to the horse she wants to buy passing the vet. This is all fine except she told me this after i put all the adverts in various papers and on websites at a price she agreed to and we thought would leave room for negotiation, and now she wants me to still show the horse to people over here and, if someone offers a similar amount to that offered by the irish people, sell her to them and she'll pay the full price for the horse in ireland. This means however that i now have to tell people that they have to offer more than the asking price if they're interested, and most of them will be quite pissed of at that i think (i know i would be), and will feel that i've wasted their time. I will be telling people the full story, so hopefully they'll see it's not my fault, but still, i'll feel like a complete **** about it. Do you think this is fair on me or the people that will be coming to see her? Because i don't. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

faerie666

Visit site
Yes, am doing that, but still feel like a twerp telling people that i have an offer over asking price but come and see her anyway. One person is coming this afternoon, so we'll see if she thinks the horse is worth more than i was asking.

_April_

Visit site
I think you are doing all you need to then.
It's not your fault... if you get a higher offer, of course you are going to take the best price (if the people are nice too of course!).

I'm sure they will understand! xx