do you think this is unreasonable?

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
sorry - bit of a rant.
mad.gif
some of you may know I'm thinking about moving yards at the mo (only my mare at a yard due to not enough space at home), but today just made me want to go even more despite some of the pros
mad.gif
. I decided after putting her up the field with her cosy rug on and after her dinner
grin.gif
to go clean her bridle as it had been looking a bit greasy.
crazy.gif

anyway as I take it apart and clean it I notice that there are uneven holes both sides and that someone has put extra holes in the leather work.
confused.gif
I measure it both sides and have one of those moments where I think I'm going loopy before asking my yard manager. She says "yeah we did it a while ago cos she was getting so strong in her canter and the bit wouldn't go high enough" or something like that. I ask who did it and it turns out to be my instructor who teaches a girl for an hour each week and clearly it was for her benefit as the bit is fine where I left it for me. Am so angry they did it without telling me. admittedly I didn't notice, but it was an expensive bridle.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
When I said I wasn't happy my yard manager just said "well you said you were getting a new one anyway." and I'm like - don't think thats the point!!!!!!

anyone else think I'm over-reacting????
confused.gif
mad.gif

Tia

Visit site
I can see both points to be honest. If the bridle didn't fit and another hole was needed then sobeit, however I can see why you would be a bit miffed particularly as the holes are uneven.

Caritas

Visit site
I would go absolutley mad. If the bridle fitted her anyway and she was getting strong in the canter, why would you need more holes to put the bit up higher? I would change instructors, she obviously doesnt know what she is doing!!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Iwould understand you being annoyed if hey had used it for another horse, but if it is to benefit your ned then cant really see the issue...though they could have asked!

TequilaMist

Visit site
I would be mad if they did that my tack .If it needed holes surely it could have waited til they discussed it with you.Comment from yard owner wouldn't have helped either,would have had steam coming from my ears with that!!

mrgoop

Visit site
urhh hello. if it's your horse someone should consult you before doing anything to your things.. wether it be your horse or your tack. The decision lies with you. If you have the decency to lend your pony out then who ever should have the decency to.... ask first!!