Do you use a tail guard when travelling?

My fav comedy ever is...

• Total voters

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
2 bandages and a tailguard otherwise I have a very messy tail with no hair left at the top
crazy.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
2 bandages and a tailguard otherwise I have a very messy tail with no hair left at the top
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!

S_N

Visit site
Cheaper than those tail bag things and more effective and EASIER than tights!

But yes, we have great minds thee and me
grin.gif

BTW - I you invaded my dreams last night - except you were you, but with your horse's head (avatar) and you were scoffing chinese food
grin.gif
I think I need a break from HHO.....
blush.gif
blush.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I always use a bandage and a guard, my horse literally sits on her tail as she has no balance in a trailer! I was in a rush once and didn't bandage, the guard fell off, and loads of her tail hair fell out... not nice.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I do not even wrap legs for travelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - none of the TB's in KY were wrapped for travelling either - even when going to up to Saratoga for the sales........ And those horses being shipped up there averaged at a million dollars!!! Makes you wonder eh!

EllieBeast

Visit site
yup, neoprene tail guard - El sits on the bar, and has an afro tail by the end of the journey if she doesnt wear one. bandages dont cut it either, she just rubs it off!
Sarah

MillionDollar

Visit site
I will do from now on! I made a huge mistake when i brought my mare back from stud a few months ago. I didn't bother bandaging her and when we got back she had rubbed her tail raw- literally!
blush.gif
I felt awful and very guilty, thanfully its all grown back now. But i have travelled her a lot and had never needed to before! But i've learnt my lesson and weill do from now on, lol.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not even wrap legs for travelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - none of the TB's in KY were wrapped for travelling either - even when going to up to Saratoga for the sales........ And those horses being shipped up there averaged at a million dollars!!! Makes you wonder eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

That does not surprise me. I would say that our 8 horse goose necks are a lot safer than the 2 horse bumpers pulls that you guys race around the country lanes of England. I personally would not let my horses go in one of those.

Tia

Visit site
No I could never go back to those silly tiny little British trailers again. If I were ever to return to the UK (never!!) I would have to import an American trailer, LOL!

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No I could never go back to those silly tiny little British trailers again. If I were ever to return to the UK (never!!) I would have to import an American trailer, LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Much like you I would too (not that I am going back) - not sure how this:

New%20Trailer%20Pic%202.jpg

Would go going down this:

lane.jpg

MagicMelon

Visit site
I always do just in case. I use one of those padded type ones rather than the neoprene ones (which I find too narrow for most of my fat tails!). I use an Olympian one right now which has never slipped.

loopeepee

Visit site
OMG, how does that truck pull all of THAT!! wow!

I use 2x bandages and guard. Sometimes just a guard. However, its a white tail and a sh11ty bum.