Do your worst.. critique my donkey!

showjump2003

Visit site
Sorry, it had to be done! Had both ages and neither age going anywhere. I think I'm aware of most their faults so no worries about upsetting me lol!

oldbean.jpg

woo.jpg

woo2.jpg

sexigali.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

S4010055.jpg

annie02

Visit site
Do you want an honest critique? I have gone to many clinics on this stuff...its a little hard from these pictures. Remember that some of this is breed specific and I have concentrated on warmbloods.

showjump2003

Visit site
Noooooo, I love long tails lol!

Seriously, be honest, I am not one to get offended lol! I don't show or anything, they are just my happy riding club pets!

JaneMBE

Visit site
The dun, well, looks bleedin awful, I think you should give to me to look after............

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
bootiful, all of them
smile.gif

Malibu

Visit site
i think they are adorable! I should really know more about equine conformation but anyone wants to know about dogs conformation then just ask, i have a few certificates, but really they look gorgeous and sweet and i LOVE how you dont care, thts the right attitude, if it is not effceting their health then who cares, , you still love them!

i love pics 2, 3 and 6!
what are their names?

annie02

Visit site
They are both beautiful. Their coats, manes and tails look healthy.

The bay is well put together in the front. In the bottom 2 pictures the bay is standing square in front with the front legs placed well under the shoulders with a good slope in the shoulders.( the top picture doesnt show this but I think it is how the horse is standing). The hind quarters are a little weak, you would want more bone and muscle. It also appears that the legs are set to far apart behind. The neck is a good size and joins to the withers well. The horse has boots on but it appears the cannon bones are in good portion to the legs, not to long. The back is a nice size for the legs and body mass. Beautiful head and face. I would take this pony home!

The second is much better in the hind end. Very square and a good slope in the hocks. The neck could be a little longer and larger to be in proportion to the body. Again a beautiful face and markings. The dapples indicate the horse is healthy. The front end of this horse is set a little to far under itself(at least the top to pictures indicate this) The boots make it hard to tell about the lower leg but what I can see shows a good size cannon bone for the size of the horse. The back seems proprotioned to the body. I would also take this one home in a hurry!

There is a quick summary, hard from pictures but a general critique. Any specific questions PM me

showjump2003

Visit site
Thanks Annie, that was really interesting. Definatly agree about my bays bum not being that strong although she jumps like a stagg! lol.

Any guesses on age and breed?!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I dont usually like duns but yours is gorgeous. Hard to tell from photos but would probably stand up well in WHP at county standard, the bay is a nice type (what I would call a slightly old fashioned type) he looks like he might have some hackney in him (the weak back), this probably is where his huge jump comes from.
If I was buying I would seriously consider both of them good purchases.
tongue.gif

ETS The dun is deffo connemara,beautiul wide head. The bay HackneyxSecC

showjump2003

Visit site
Really? I don't have a clue with reguards to showing, she has done 3 very small local shows in the whole time I have had her! These are the pics I got from the show with her this summer.

caernarfon2.jpg

caernarfon3.jpg

I have no idea on her breed at all as I bought her as a 4 year old off a dealer for £900 years ago.

The bay however I do know the breeding. She is arab x section D.

siennamum

Visit site
Your dun reminds me very muchof a are I sold a number of years ago now. That was a Dutch wb x connie.
I'd say yours is a pb welsh D. She is rather stuffy in her neck to show very successfully, and like the bay, rather downhill. Both look really useful though, I especialy like your bay, she's very smart.

Kezza

Visit site
the dun is lovely and looks well put together and certainly up my tree. The bay is not my cup of tea but also lovely.