Does anybody know of a riding simulator in the West Midlands?

zola89

Visit site
Interested in a mechanical horse session to assess position etc, ideally in the West Midlands. Thanks

oldie48

Visit site
Hi I don't know where you are in the West Mids as it's a big area but I know of two. One is at hartpury, which is Gloucestershire but if you are anywhere near the M5 not that tricky to get to. The other is in Derbyshire, so again not West Mids but accessible from the top end of the West Mids (Equipilates - the Dancing Horse)

oldie48

Visit site

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
This is Ali Lane and she uses the mechanical horse in Debyshire, however I thoroughly recommend her if you want to do some work on a mechanical horse to improve position and identify weaknesses.

I didn't realise the mechanical horse wasn't in Droitwich. I was told by someone that she had the mechanical horse there. Sorry OP for relaying false info.Ruins my plans for popping down the road for a go.

ponyparty

Visit site
Lowlands Farm RDA (now the national centre for the RDA) in Shrewley, Warwickshire, have a mechanical horse which I believe able bodied riders are able to book lessons on as well.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hi I don't know where you are in the West Mids as it's a big area but I know of two. One is at hartpury, which is Gloucestershire but if you are anywhere near the M5 not that tricky to get to. The other is in Derbyshire, so again not West Mids but accessible from the top end of the West Mids (Equipilates - the Dancing Horse)
Where do you know in Glos Oldie? I’d love to have a session or two on a mechanical horse

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Overdale has one but according to the website it's out of action at the moment. Worth giving them a ring to see when it will be back in use again as it's so close.
Overdales has been out of action for a long long time, last time I asked there were no plans to fix it sadly

JulesRules

Visit site
I've been on the one at Lowlands in Shrewley. Able bodied riders are £1 a minute and it's easy to book. Just check if it's all working okay as they had issues with the screen and diagnostic when I went a couple of months ago.

F&B

Visit site
If you are in the Northern part of the West Midlands there is one near Beeston in Cheshire - Symboisis Rehabilitation.

oldie48

Visit site
Where do you know in Glos Oldie? I’d love to have a session or two on a mechanical horse
It's at hartpury University, not far from Gloucester, as its now known. I don't know how you book it but if you ring the main office I'm sure they will point you in the right direction. I haven't used it myself but the Book club I belong to were going to go along to use it