Does Anyone Else Have Lots of Horsey Gear But No Horse?

Puzzles

Visit site
Hello! :)

In a wave of madness, I found myself bidding on ebay (which I never use) for various horsey bits and bobs, only to realise , instead of winning 1 or 2 things as expected, I won all of them!
In total, I now have the following:

6 numnahs (all for under £25!)
Feed bucket
Feed stirrer
Overreach boots
Tendon boots
2 pairs Brushing boots
Headcollar and leadrope
Lunge rein
Grooming kit
Bag of sugarbeet (?!)
Weight measuring tape
Tub of NAF Hoof Moist
Fluorescent leg wraps
Fluorescent neck band
Fleece/cooler rug

... But no horse! When I am finally fortunate enough to be able to get my own, I'll be ringing up asking the horse's measurements before I ask about temperament etc! ;) At least I can use (aka damage) them on the horses that I ride now.

Is anyone else in a similar position, or is it just me .. ?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I had a big gap between having a horse as a child and then being able to buy my own as an adult. I kept loads of stuff for years and it was wonderful when I was finally able to use it again. :)

Check the best before date on the beet and try to get your own by then! :p

Shantara

Visit site
Yup!
To be fair, I do ride him a lot and I think his owner likes me buying him things ^^ It makes everyone happy, so, yay :D

I've bought him:
100s of packets of polos
2 rugs (Got one free though)
A fleece (Also free!)
2 bridles
3 Numnahs
4 pairs of boots
1 set of bandages
Grooming kit (A rather large one!)
4 head collars
A tonne of hi-viz stuff!
...the list could go on! But I forget :p

Tilda

Visit site
I guess in theory I do I have lots of rugs a saddle and various other bits of tack. I do have a loan horse who I bought some of the rugs for but most of the other stuff is far too small for him!

Puzzles

Visit site
It's a shame that you don't live near me, I have four neddies needing lots of hugs and they all eat sugar beet. ;)

That is a shame! Though when I'm home from uni I'm fortunate that there are 3 neddies that I can ride and look after. :) If only I could find a horse in the middle of Birmingham ...

Glad it's not just me, chaps!

Last edited:

indie999

Visit site
oh this is really nice..reminded me when I was a teenager and helped at a yard for free we all had our own brushes etc.& none of us could even afford a horse it was just a dream!..now I have my old boy I still have his extra wide cob saddle that I am reluctant to part with even though I know he will never be ridden again and I am always seeing folks looking for them..I just might need it again one day!!??? Its so comfy and I spent ages finding it...gold dust.

I still lead him in his bridle along the road though but I have everything so can understand why you are collecting!

Perhaps one day.....it will happen