Does anyone else have trouble with the electric plug from new ifor williams trailers?

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Couldn't write title long enough!

Does anyone else find that the plug from the new ifor williams trailer sometimes falls out of the plug socket in the back of the car whilst driving?!

I have found this a few times and it is really annoying (not ti mention dangerous!). Had to send one back to the manufacturer as it came out whilst I was towing then got scraped along the road and ruined. They sent me another one with no quibbles but this one has now fallen out afew times too! I am sure I can't be the only one this has happened too, I have a friend who has had similar, does anyone else find this? The main prob is when driving in day there's no way of knowing it has come out until I need to signal (my car beeps at me if I signal when electric cable is attached), at night I notice because my trailer lights suddenly go out, but it's highly dangerous as I then have to pull off the road to re-attach it but no-one can see my signalling to do so as trailer lights won't come on! Has anyone any solutions to this problem?

nokia

Visit site
I had a problem with the connector,but then I got a convertor from ifor that you twist and lock onto the new socket my trailer is 2011 model its also very annoying as u have to have a convertor so my friends trailer socket won't fit new ifor

monikirk

Visit site
We had a problem with the internal camera on magnetic fitting falling down when we went over a bump. Prob was it came unplugged and the power lead touched the chassis which blew the fuses for the headlights and also blew the bulbs! It's now cable tied in place!

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Nokia I have the converter too but this falls out! :( Am thinking of taping it to the socket everytime I go out, will be quite annoying and not sure if it will work though.

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
PeterNatt, I didn't think of that! Oh dear I hope not, will have a good look tomorrow in the daylight. I think the fact that when I contacted my ifor williams dealer to tell them what had happened they didn't seem surprised at all has made me suspicious. I will check the socket on my car, are they quite easy/inexpensive to replace if it is worn?