Does anyone else's horse do this??!!

Amaretto

Visit site
My youngster rolls...A LOT!

But when he does, he rolls on one side, then instead of rolling over to the other side, sits up like a dog, has a good look around for AGES then proceeds to roll on the other side! It looks so funny, I will try to capture it on camera and post it!

Have any of your neds got any strange quirks?
grin.gif

E_Lister

Visit site
Mine only ever rolls on one side, then just lies there and takes in the view before standing up and shaking herself out. However she is old and has very prominent withers so it may be she physically can't roll fully over.

Bubblegum

Visit site
Our pony sits like a dog when he rolls. He looks around for some time before getting up. He had a problem with locking stifles when he was a youngster...we since had them operated on...and I have always assumed this behaviour was related to the fact he thinks he can't get up very quickly!!

Lou23

Visit site
Our pony does the same everytime she rolls, we have a photo of her sitting like a dog inbetween rolling.

Previous owners sent us a photo of her sitting in the field sun bathing

Boxers

Visit site
Not a rolling quirk - but when I take the rug off my daughter's pony he always stretches right out at his front end - he goes so low his elbows almost touch the floor - too cute!

Enfys

Visit site
My QH rubs his belly on the ground, and in the winter seems to positively enjoy belly flopping into drifts.
My in foal mare can't roll over either, she scrubs one side, heaves herself up and then goes down on the other side.
My mini gets up bum first and often stops there on his knees with his bum in the air, I never have a camera ready when he does it though.