Does anyone have a 'dropped foot' and ride?

TequilaMist

Visit site
How do you adapt/cope with it riding. I have this in my left foot and tbh am struggling my right canter is fine but left seems to go to pot due to lower leg not doing what its meant to.

Thanks

Archiepoo

Visit site
Is that the same as a flat foot ?
no lol its when youve had a spinal injury and have nerve damage that affects ur leg and the foot drags behind you when you walk (not very attractive) . i have caudal equina syndrome and my right leg is numb from the knee down and have a dropped foot altho the foot has improved with physio . my riding however is a work in progress ,ive had to change a lot of things due to poor balance and wonkyness . pm me if you like TM and we can compare dodgy legs :)

ebonyallen

Visit site
Sort of the same, I do not have a leg, and the false one comes right up to my bum, when I ride it did drag backwards and effected my balance, so what I have done is to get a quick release strap for the horses and I put this around the girth and my ankle and it hold it in place. Not too sure if we are talking at cross purposes put I do have major issues with my balance now. If I can help please contact me anytime x

mynutmeg

Visit site
I don't have drop foot but I have severe damage to both ankles which are now both fused - I haven't ridden since having the second one fused yet but used to find I had lots of problems with being squint. I've found that having a horse used to how your ride helps and I use toe cages and such things - might be worth carrying a dressage whip on that side to back up the leg