Does anyone have a sharer agreement?? OR any advice for sharing....

bonbeau

Visit site
Hi,
I have decided to share my horse and have met someone that wants to share etc but I wanted to get a sharer agreement to outline a few points etc to keep it all fair on both sides.
Any other advice would be great too as I've never shared before!
Thanks

Booboos

Visit site
Try adapting the BHS loan agreement to your purposes. It's nicely set out and should prompt you to ask most questions that you and your sharer need to consider.

My general advice is to be clear about what each party expects from the share, e.g. how often and which days can each person ride, what can you do with the horse when you ride, what is each person expected to contribute (financially and care wise), exactly what insurance is in place in case of injury to third party, vets and rider injury.

Holly_09

Visit site
Completely agree with the above. Communication is key to a successful share. Also, depending on what your horse is like and what you want to gain with having a sharer, don't automatically write off someone who is 'novice' or has come from RS horses. Often, they can be the keenest to learn.

bonbeau

Visit site
Thanks, yes def agree with the communication, I can imagine things can get a bit tricky if things aren't clear hence wanting an agreement!

noblesteed

Visit site
I adapted the loan agreement off the BHS website. I thought it best for insurance purposes. I gave my sharer loads of lessons on my horse and help her out, she was out of a RS, she's only 13 but gets on really well with my horse. I prefer having her than an adult now, because she looks after the horse how I want (and know best for him), and doesn't change things!!!