Does anyone have experience of a tendon injury above the knee??

Nickles1973

Visit site
Also posted in vet.
I posted yesterday about my Horse having a very sore foot after hooning around in the field with his field mates last week. Unfortunately he wasn't the only one to come in unsound.
My YO's 22 year old sec D cross was extremely lame (non weight bareing toe pointing down) on his ns front. The vet gave an injection of pain killer/anti inflams and YO was left with a supply of metacam for a couple of days. Vet didn't seem particularly worried and though didn't expect him to come sound quickly he seemed to suggest that it wasn't anything too serious. However the non-weight baring lameness returned over the weekend and the vet was called. He recommended an increase in pain relief and a visit today.
The inflammed swollen area is above the knee and today the vet scanned the area and has diagnosed damage to the upper area of the superficial flexor tendon. He also took x-rays as the scan showed a pocket of blood in front of the injured tendon which he said is unusual and wants to rule out any bone fragments/fractures.
Does anyone have experience of similar injury. The vet admitted that this was not a common injury though well documented yet I can't seem to find any info online.
Any comments or info is much appreciated.