Does anyone have experience of horse back probs?

metalmare

Visit site
I'm not riding this horse anymore so I won't be involved any further but I wondered if anyone had seen similar symptoms in a horse? I hope her owner gets an x-ray done!

I rode in the school the other day and there was no sign of anything amiss when I saddled, mounted or rode her in walk. She went into trot no trouble, very keen to please, but once in trot she was throwing herself about, rushing forward trying to take control, swishing her tail and pulling faces - clearly unhappy. She even managed to canter on the spot. She was, to my surprise, much better when I sat to the trot than when I rose. I stopped very quickly because it was evident she was being perfectly genuine.

She is only 8. Has anyone seen symptoms before similar to this? I only ask because every experience I have with a horse, good or bad, I like to store away for future reference.

Fleur100

www.welhamstud.co.uk
I always get my horses checked by the chiropractor on a routine basis. X-rays will only show if there is a fracture.

It sounds as if the mare is uncomfortable. It could be her teeth, back or ill-fitting saddle.......

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Echo getting teeth & tack checked. Often back pain is as a result of hind leg lameness (even if only mild lameness), so unless history of horse know, worth getting vet to check, who will refer to Phsyio/Chiro if needed.

squirtlysmum

Visit site
Maybe Kissing spine, my neddy was fine in walk and ok but not brill in trot and would not canter happily at all. He's just had the top of two vertebrae removed as he had horrendous KS and he's only four.
Best to get the mare X-rayed first.