Does anyone have the Liveryman Maverick clipper out there?

Chamfrom

Visit site
Hi - I am thinking of getting a pair of the Maverick clippers with the rotating head with the battery pack - only found two reviews on them and the one said that they were tempremental and kept snagging every so often.
I wondered if anyone else out there has had or has them at all please?
I have to horses which both need full clips one with quite a heavy coat.

GeeUp&Go

Visit site
They were awful (5yr ago). On paper they were brilliant, but they just didnt seem to be able winter coats very well/ at all. My mum really wanted cordless clippers for safety, but we had to change for a heavy duty wired one, which actually worked.

TheEngineer

Visit site
The idea sounded good, but in practice, I believe they were a nightmare. Stick to a tried and tested machine, with the blades moving from left to right. They have worked for years and I am a firm believer in "if it aint broke don't fix it"!

Good luck

Newlands

Visit site
I have them and really like them, I have a maxi cob so use them all year for hogging and on very course hairy legs. I have had them about 3 years and am happy with them my friend has them too and as far as I know she gets on with them too.

Yertis

Visit site
Have given up on mine :-( aweful things, just about do the TB if done before coat really grows and redone every 2 weeks, the 2 coloured cobs - forget it, can't seem to cope with the hair type at all even with brand new blades. I think the speed is too slow, bought a pair over Mustang clippers (same manufacturer?) and have struggled with them also for 3 as overheat very quickly and not a very good finish. Have saved up for some Lister Legends so hope they will be o.k.

EventingMum

Visit site
Dreadful - a real dissappointment. I sent them back for repair twice but they were still useless. Initially they would cut out after a few mins, the explaination I was given was that a sensor was set incorrectly so as soon as the battery dropped to 90% they cut out. After this was supposedly repaired they would clip for a little longer but very inconsistantly and patchy. Then the on off switch stopped working so they ended up being thrown out :(