Does anyone know... (arena mirrors)

Sal_E

Visit site
The recommended size of arena mirrors. I've found a chap who has some perspec mirrors which he can cut to size for me to use around the outdoor arena. I have no idea how to mount them, where to place them or what size I need (preferably a size that will go in a 4x4!).

Can anyone offer any advice or opinions, particularly what size I should get them cut to.

Out of interest - any idea of maintenance? i.e. will they be filthy the whole time - is perspex a nightmare?

If anyone else needs some mirrors let me know as I can put you in touch with this guy (as long as you don't gazump me & take the lot!) - he wants to get rid of the perspex so will do it at a really good price (apparently - not sure how much 'really good' is though!)

miller

Visit site
I've ridden in places where they cover the whole short end of the arena from top of kick boards up (Sheepgate indoor) and at a trainers where they were standard glass mirrors mounted around 6-8ft high and were around 2ft wide and 3 ft long - weren't much cop!

Can you please find out exactly what you would need to ask for perspex wise in a shop as we want some but won't have any spare cash for a while yet and I'll bet your blokeys have gone by then!

RachelB

Visit site
At Bossanova's sister's yard there are some great mirrors, they're mounted on big rod thingys at the end of both long sides, and some on the stable wall by one half-way marker (B/E). I've found they're just the right size as she has a row of them on one side ( http://www.freewebs.com/hill-top-equestrian/services.htm - second picture down, in the background a bit) and a long thin one at the end of the other long side. I don't know their dimensions but maybe Bossanova will know/ be able to find out?
My YO has just been on about getting some mirrors for our arena as well!
Oh, and maintenance-wise, I know one place that has sort of shutter-doors over their mirrors to stop birds pooping on them... but I'd imagine the doors would get left after a while! Boss's sister's mirrors are always pretty clean, and I haven't been asked to clean them yet so it must mean they don't get done/ aren't done often!