Does anyone know of any cheap saddle shops???(In Hampshire???)

Lilza123

Visit site
Hi, Ive just brought a 16.2hh bay ISH gelding and he has all his tack (rugs etc) except a saddle and he is being brought down to the yard this week and i would like to get a new saddle as soon as possible because i want to start preparing for shows etc. Does anyone know of any good and CHEAP sadlle shops in Hampshire, preferabley near Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Salisbury or Southhampton????????????

SummerStorm

Visit site
In a word, no. Sorry, I think all the shops are expensive around the New Forest
frown.gif
Your best bet is getting a saddler out, finding which saddle you want and then trying to pick it up cheaper off ebay or something and then getting a saddler to check it fits.

scrat

Visit site
I don't think that any of them are cheap for saddles. Its really a case of you get what you pay for. A saddle maybe less expensive by mail order but how would you be sure it fits? Personally I would recommend Calcutts (have had two made to measure) or TDS both with excellent fitters but it depends how you define cheap!

HOWEN

Visit site
I lived in Southampton last year and always went to Snowhills. Its a little bit of a trec but worth it. Hampshire Saddlery Sales are very good and I think there is one soon.

scrat

Visit site
Where is "snowhills"?? I've never heard of it but always interested to find new horsey places. Hampshire Saddlery don't do saddles just a few second hand when I last looked.

galaxy

Visit site
Hampshire Saddlery Sale is last weekend of September usually, and they do sell Wintec 500's new. Although I personally don't like them, if you've got a tight budget they don't come much cheaper.

Snowhills is south of Chichester.

Faithkat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Snowhills is south of Chichester.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never heard of them either but that would explain it then! Chichester being Sussex and quite a long way from Southampton!!!!! Definitely no "cheap" saddlers round this way!

Tempi

Visit site
have you tried hurdcott saddlery just outside salisbury? or calcutts - they do second hand ones and will come out and fit it for you too, which obviously you will need.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I dont know of any in Hampshire (not from that area) but i had a really tight budget when i got my horse and didn't wanna spend loads either coz she was only 4yo.

I got the saddler out to measure her up and i brought a brand new Wintec close contact saddle off of Equestrian Clearance for £230. I could of probably got a cheaper one than that if i shopped around but i wanted it asap.

Got the saddler back out just to check it didn't need adjusting a luckily it was a perfect fit
smile.gif

I think that is probably your best bet but just be weary of buying second hand saddles as you dont know what the condition of the tree is etc