Does anyone know why PF has withdrawn from Badminton?

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Just curious really - I know Redesigned is injured but she had two other's entered - Mirage D'elle and one who's name I have forgotten and they have all been withdrawn.

V sad that she will miss the Olympics too.

NR99

Visit site
There is a thread on here somewhere also in the horsey mags. Neither horses are right so are out of Olympic contention :(

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Ah ok, will search for them. I know that Billy Shannon is injured too but thought Mirage D'elle and t'other one (whose name I still can't remember) were ok.

Will search threads anyway - thanks :)

barneyhunter

Visit site
I don't know, I was asking earlier in the week. Mirage and Pure Addiction haven't been reported injured and to have all 4 top horses injured in such a short length of time is exceptionally bad luck. She never runs them unnecessarily and very careful so I would be interested to know. She was at SOE last week and seemed fine but maybe its PF rather than the horses?

caramel

Visit site
hmm... shame as I loved watching her ride. She always makes it look so easy :) Maybe she'll head to Burghley in September...

BDWP has Pippa entered for Aston 1 OI on Mirage D'elle and pure Addiction. Maybe they're just not ready yet?

Last edited:

caramel

Visit site
you know what?? I have a feeling that may be the case too... we shall see. She seems to have been having a rather quiet season. Didn't hear a lot of her last year either.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Aw bless, don't go on about her being pregnant unless its confirmed. As someone who tried and tried to get pregnant and couldn't, it would have broken my heart to read a thread like this about myself if I wasn't....

Plus, I don't think they would have been trying when she was up for olympic selection, and she has only been "out" of the list for a few weeks...

caramel

Visit site
yep. She's not having much luck at the mo! Still curious as to the withdrawals of Mirage D'elle and Pure Addiction, I loved the ride PF gave Mirage D'elle last time I saw them (can't remember where it was though!)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
My guess is she is mega competitive - no point sticking the miles on the legs for a middle of the order placing when she could perhaps go to Bramham and get a better result?

As she was there anyway it would be worth taking a horse as a back up but not if none of them are going to be realistically in with a shout.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
My guess is she is mega competitive - no point sticking the miles on the legs for a middle of the order placing when she could perhaps go to Bramham and get a better result?

As she was there anyway it would be worth taking a horse as a back up but not if none of them are going to be realistically in with a shout.

I think that sounds much more likely.

Wilbur_Force

Visit site

^^^^^ This :)