Does anyone need a mule?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Why should they cost less than a horse foal? This is a purpose bred mule by a decent sized donkey stallion. Not a random accident (like mine, she cost me £500!)

My friend sells horse foals as well bred as that for a lot less. I guess the limited supply will help the price but there will also be limited demand compared to a 15h - 15.2h sport horse, I would expect?

TheMule

Visit site
My friend sells horse foals as well bred as that for a lot less. I guess the limited supply will help the price but there will also be limited demand compared to a 15h - 15.2h sport horse, I would expect?

You simply can’t breed horses (or mules) for less than this without cutting corners (assuming you want to make a small amount of money, which I think is fair enough given the time and effort involved)
I follow their Facebook page and they seem to have a lovely set up where they're doing everything right. Stallion and vet costs to get in foal, then 18 months of foot care, feeding, worming, basic vet care, bedding, hay etc for mare and then mare and foal as well.

TheMule

Visit site
I have had three mules and non sounded alike.

My 15.3 QHx was bred in Texas and her combined purchase price and travel expenses took her to $12,000 ten years or so ago. I did not pay anything like that for her though.

I was going to say, most decent sized mules in this country are imported either from Europe or the US and are worth a fair chunk of money. Mine was imported in-utero from Spain- a trip that would likely cost £2000+ now. If this one is going to make a decent height then it's certainly worth the money

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I wonder what kind of mule The Beast would cook... I'll never stop being slightly annoyed that the tying up episodes mean that breeding from her would be a really silly idea rather than just a silly idea. ?