Does anyone use a helmet cam?

rhino

Visit site
Thanks Rhino - I especially loved the "brakes would be good pony!" :D

:D He wasn't that bad actually, although I did wonder when every other horse at the yard was in an eggbutt snaffle and he was in a kimblewick! (hireling) Just got a bit keen coming through the river as he could see the others cantering off - get 350+ horses together and it can become rather exciting :eek: :E

rhino

Visit site
Well I thought the quality was great!!

It looked a fun day out too :D

I think for the money it's good, the sound quality is poor (probably more noticeable on my other common ride vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yDgN7sh6H8 as it was a windy day) but pic not bad and it comes with loads of different fixings. 2 hour film time :)

And yes, great fun :D Still need to upload my vid from the ladies race at the Selkirk common ride though :)

HappyNeds

Visit site
Sorry to crash this thread, but I've been thinking it would be useful to get one of these, but assumed they would be much more expensive.

Rhino - I've had a look on ebay searching for the DV80 model you mention, the ones that are around that sort of price are from HongKong/China, so I'm not sure if that would cause import tax problems, and the only UK one is £28. If possible, could you let me know which seller you bought it from please?

Thank you, and Thanks Vanner for letting me crash your thread! :):)

rhino

Visit site
Rhino - I've had a look on ebay searching for the DV80 model you mention, the ones that are around that sort of price are from HongKong/China, so I'm not sure if that would cause import tax problems, and the only UK one is £28. If possible, could you let me know which seller you bought it from please?

Just had a look, the seller is avextra--uk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-DV-M..._Camcorders&hash=item19c47ea7a9#ht_3808wt_952
This one, now even cheaper and free postage! UK seller although they are imported items - the instructions are not brilliant but you can find a better British download on the web :) You do need a mini sd card but most people have a spare one from an old phone, they aren't expensive to buy either.

ETA they really are small!
edi1.jpg

(on the grey)

Last edited:

EstherYoung

Visit site
We've got a go pro. It does make you look like a teletubby but the picture ain't bad and it's still going after three years of abuse from us:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WestridingEGB

270635_1808595695450_1256686644_31557970_4598621_n.jpg

I think they've improved yet further since we bought ours - they come with a wide angle lens as standard.

I did look into quite a few when we bought ours, and I think you do get what you pay for. The go pros are fairly mid range both price wise and quality wise. Have a nose on youtube for the different brands of camera and you'll get an idea of what the quality is like.

foraday

Visit site
Another vote for Go Pro!

We bought the hat holder for it (more for my OH to wear on his helmet when karting).

Fabulous quality and no sound (thank goodness)

Lasts around 1 hour and then need to change the memory card! Did the newmarket ride this year with it on - just had my OH meet me at certain points to reload a new memory card.

I also use them when having training sessions with my trainer.

And the best ever use....................on the roads!!! Cars spot the camera and slow right down!

:)