Does BE refund entry fees due to cancellation?

Angelbones

Visit site
Sorry but new to all this. Nurstead was our first cancelled event so what happens to the entry fees? I suspect there is an amount held back to cover costs or similar and that it may be different for each venue, but I can't find mention of it anywhere.

Can anyone enlighten me (pref with good news please, as also cannot get money back on Badminton hotel so really not a happy girl at present:( )

Thanks everyone x

Angelbones

Visit site
Yes, they refund in full providing you paid for the abandonment insurance. It'll take a while though!

Thanks SpottedCat. Of course its the one entry that I can't find an email receipt for but I normally do pay the abandonment insurance so hope I'm covered. Would you know if I have to request a refund or does it happen automatically (eventually)? :)

algeredge

Visit site
Might be sounding thick, but how do you know if you have paid the abandonment insurance? I enter via bdwp and usually pay for the class and a small fee for using a debit card. Does this mean I'm not insured? And what will that mean for my fee??

Angelbones

Visit site
I can't remember if its a box you tick or one that you un-tick but looking at my past email receipts I see that I've done it before so assume I did it for Nurstead but, as said, I can't find the damn receipt so only time will tell...

Check out your previous receipts and it should tell you.