Does he have a use?

spacefaer

Visit site
Long story short
We have a fabulous hunter who has foot balance/soundness issues. We are currently contemplating barefoot with him as the only way to get him longterm sound. If this works, we are thinking about finding him a new home. ..

He's absolutely fantastic -a lovely person -but I'm not convinced that anyone would want him.... good points -brilliant hack and great on fun rides -very forward going.

Bad points - Will not school or do dressage. Probably not to jump..... cannot live by himself (massive separation anxiety)

Any thoughts? He can stay with us for the rest of his life even if he's only paddock sound -just wondering if anyone thought he had a use?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Yes he does, you would just have to be very careful where you let him go to. Being a safe hack is what people want. I could see him going to an older person with a retired horse or two who just wants to enjoy a hack on a nice day.

lizbet

Visit site
Yes he does, you would just have to be very careful where you let him go to. Being a safe hack is what people want. I could see him going to an older person with a retired horse or two who just wants to enjoy a hack on a nice day.
Agree or someone on livery yard. Why cant you keep him OP ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yes, someone like me could have him! He sounds similar in fact to the horse I have.
I'm not interested in competing, I hate schooling and although I do like a bit of jumping can take or leave it.
I just want something safe to nanny my daughter and her pony out hacking on.

spacefaer

Visit site
We can keep him -we've had him years and would be the world's fussiest over who we leant him to. It's only that he'd be kept well and ticking over with us, while he could be somebody else's world.! He has a massive personality and is the most enormous fun

He's very forward going about life generally and is 17.1hh so not ideal for some, hes 15 which some would discount. ..

I'd love to find someone for him who could worship him lol!

Equi

Visit site
I sometimes find that horses with ridiculous separation anxiety settle down living alone. I had a tb who would kill you if you took his stable mate away, but would come away himself perfectly fine and when i had him on his own for a month he was the model horse. He would maybe do someone looking a hack but can only have one horse.

webble

Visit site

This. He would be perfect for my friend if she didnt already have one. Does he hack on his own?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Am sure he would do someone very nicely and that you would be rigorous in checking people out, or you could perhaps find someone who could enjoy him from yours?

skint1

Visit site
I'd say he does, there are plenty of people out there, including me though I already have a similar horse, who would be very happy to have a safe hacking companion and who could ensure his needs are met. Good luck I am sure you will find somethinG!