Does my loaner need their own insurance?

zola89

Visit site
My horse is fully insured (Petplan) including third party. The policy states that third party and also personal accident cover covers myself and anyone riding the horse with my permission. Do I need to insist that a potential sharer/loaner has to have their own insurance if I have this cover in place already?

Surbie

Visit site
I'm assuming not. My deal with my loan horse's owner is that I have the insurance, but I think we are a bit of an anomaly and for most loans it's the owner who has the insurance, with the loaner paying towards it.

kc921

Visit site
All loaner and sharers shoukd have their own insurance policy, whether you have insurance or not.
I have a contract on place with my sharer and within it, it states they must have their own riders insurance

Equi

Visit site
Absolutely get them to have their own policy. If something minimal was to happen and they wanted to claim, its your name that will come under and that could affect the rest of your insurance.

Barton Bounty

Just simply loving life with Orbi 🥰
Visit site
I enquired about it before and you can insure the same horse twice but it depends if she is riding other horses too i guess as to whether she would want her own insurance just for rider. But if she is riding your horse id tell your insurance in case anything happens with her 😊