does riding make you bow legged?!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
as title lol, does riding really make you end up walking like and looking like John Wayne??
i will be the first to admit that not only do i not have a very ladylike walk but i also have at least an inch of fresh air between my knees even with my ankles clamped firmly together:eek:

holeymoley

Visit site
Thank you! This has made me laugh! Haha. And no I wouldn't say so! Perhaps walk a bit funny from all the injuries we endure!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Honestly, I don't think so generally. I think if I hadn't ridden from being little, & got the muscle from it, my legs would be just bone. If I put my feet together at the ankle, I can get my knees to touch by tensing the muscles, otherwise they don't. But, I suspect that's more to do with having hyperflexion in my knees (they bend backwards when I lock them straight) & thighs that have never touched at all.

mga4ever

Visit site
My knees have been communicating via postcard only for many years now! But I did start riding at 4 years old. I think riding at a young age does affect the way your leg bones develop.

alainax

Visit site
Cant tell from all the fa... er... flesh :p

I dont think it would change your bones ;) but certainly muscles will have developed differently from those who dont ride :)

I have a different walk depending on where I am and where im going :p

Kat

Visit site
I've been riding since I was two and I'm not in the slightest bit bow legged. My husband says that being bow legged is caused by your nappy being tied to tight when you were a baby, apparently that's what his gran used to say..........

I think riding making you bow legged is gran wisdom too. As is the riders bum thing.

TeamChaser

Visit site
Hahahaha!! Just stood up to check and I can confirm that with feet firmly pressed together there is definite daylight between the knees. In fact the chunky Sky+ remote (closest thing to hand) fell straight to the floor :D:D

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Hahahaha!! Just stood up to check and I can confirm that with feet firmly pressed together there is definite daylight between the knees. In fact the chunky Sky+ remote (closest thing to hand) fell straight to the floor :D:D

Lol, an inch,I wish it was only that much.

It has been said that I couldn't stop a pig in a passage the gap is that big and I hate it!!

pmsl i just tried the sky+ remote and yup it fell, i don't have a pig handy to try dreamchaser so i'll leave that one to you:D:p

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
me.jpg

ps: this is not me

Bit rude this but my friends used to tease me when hubby returned from working overseas after a year they used to watch me walking up drive, dead embarrassing

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Pretty sure thats ricketts :rolleyes:

Between me and my sister, I am the rider she is the ballet dancer and I could park a car between her knees when she has her feet together.

Trauma and uneven wear to the femur condyles can cause genu varum not sure if riding would accelerate something like that :eek:

chazza44

Visit site
Haha good question! I don't know about being bandy but has anyone else got really long calf muscles? Or do I just have cankles? Lol