Does the war justify killing 37 children whilst they slept?

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
The news tonight was so sad, 37 kids fast asleep killed where they lay...
Israel sort of had my guarded support before this as they had explained they were trying to stop hezzbolah, who in turn were being backed by Syria and Iran, the long term goal being to drive them out of Lebanon..
But how can striking innocent targets ever be fair?
I know both sides are losing people but listening to the news, the locals were too terrified to leave their village, when they tried earlier in the week the main road out was bombed..
Shame on all of them killing kids...Were we not lucky enough to have been born here, it could have be our children.
I'd protest but who to? I doubt gungho Tony would listen to me....

CastleMouse

Visit site
That is just awful
frown.gif

nelgonde

Visit site
Nope. Can't agree with anything that's happened.

Totally counter productive with the innocents suffering most
frown.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Agree entirely, there is no justification for this whatsoever...trying to excuse these bombings by saying 'the other side are doing it too' is tantamount to playground behaviour.

Am seriously worried about our close links to the US now too... who will be next....Iran....or Syria?

Sooty

Visit site
What about the killing of four UN monitors last week? Apparently Israel was asked 10 times to cease fire, and allegedly agreed whilst not stopping. Any sympathy that anyone felt for Israel has surely evaporated in the light of this behaviour.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Be careful with this thread, I have been warned already for trying to point out that israel are in the wrong.

Israel seem to work on principles that killing civvies will cause militants to give over. They did the same with palestine, and the odd peace activist and reporter fell foul of this technique also.

I wonder if they think if enough children and women die, the terrorists will lose their fight?

It's certainly the wrong way of going about things!

The Voice

Visit site
No, there is no justification of these killings and using excuses that these people are beng used as shields and rockets are being launched from these areas is no excuse. And they say this is the holy land?

What saddens me as well is that our country has not totally condemned the actions of both sides and said enough is enough, and done something about it. Instead now we are hanging onto the skirt of the USA like some young child to frightened to say anything on their own. When we used to speak, we were respected and people listened, now we have lost that respect and independence.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
There's absolutely no justification for Israel's actions. That the US and UK have not condemed this war crime from the start makes me so angry. And what are the Israeli's trying to achieve? What in any of the Middle East's bloody history makes them think that bombing people into submission works? It never has and never will, in fact it will just drive more people into joining the terrorist groups and marginalise the Muslim population even further. Which makes you wonder if this isn't their actual aim... it's far easier to justify land grabs and military offensives in the future if you're doing it against fundamentalist controlled states, as opposed to ones allied to the West....

After all horrific suffering of the Holocaust you'd think the Israeli's would have more humanity towards innocent civilians... It's a sad sad situation made even more so that the West is just standing by and letting it happen.

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
omg that is just awful. poor children. innocent and sleeping and then they die!! what has this world turned in to?!! i can't imagine what it's like in 100 yrs time!!
frown.gif
:(:(

twinnieolz

Visit site
omg, thats is sooooo sad. poor people.this world has turned so violent, i wish i was in my mums days, much mroe peaceful.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Henryhorn - so right, nothing justiifies it. And the more we hear about the weaponry that is being used suggests that all this stuff about "precision" weaponry is either rubbish or the Israelis don't care enough about child and civilian deaths to worry too much about who they are hitting. Of course Hizbollah were completely in the wrong for their initial kidnapping of 2 soldiers and killing of 5 ... but this attack was on combat troops, not civilians, and 7 people in total ... Does this in any way justify the response? I'm so angry about our govt's unwillingness to condemn the killing of civilians, and the destruction of enormous amounts of Lebanon's infrastructure. (By the way, we paid for much of this through EU aid after the last war - will Israel/the US reimburse EU taxpayers for this, or repair the damage? Somehow I don't think so) and the humiliation that as a nation we increasingly suffer with Tony trotting at the heels of George Bush and Rupert Murdoch. We can do a little by writing - however short a letter - to the FO or PM : also support Medecins Sans Frontieres, who are doing fantastic work in the danger areas - or One World/Stop the War ....

Malibu

Visit site
did you see on the news, that whils they were reporting that they had to evacuate(spelling) so they drove to the nearest UN base, whilst driving along dirt road they were being fired at and many jourilsits were injured, cuts etc, they didnt know who was firing at them and they said they never would but i was just astonished that our british and other nations reporters are also being aimed at not sure if meant to but they seemed to think so!

it is a horible war with MANY deaths but its just a shame that war is the answer of our world to so many things!

Fairynuff

Visit site
I agree totally re holocaust. I hope that the Israeles(?) are ashamed of themselves.There is NO justification for this lack of humanity towards civilian people. Of course,the Americans and co cant say too much regarding the barbaric actions, too much dosh and politics involved but, hey ho just another day and sod the suffering. UN trucks wre trying to reach some of the villages with water, food and medicines-they were stopped by the INVADERS and denied the right to continue-they were sent back. Did anyone see the Lebanese father hold up his dead daughter, she would have been about five years old.Im sickened by Israels inhumanity. M.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Precision bombing is possible with the right equipment and accurate intelligence and that's what the Israeli's claim they are doing. But even if they are using precision bombing techniques (which is debatable) the buildings they say they are aiming at are most often in built up civilian areas and housing estates... so they may be 'aiming' at terrorist targets but its still civilians that are getting killed and injured. The Israeil's would then argue its the terrorist's fault for sheltering amongst civilians and that they give the civilian population fair warning to leave. Unfortunately most civilians can't afford to leave or if they try are bombed and fired at anyway
mad.gif

saz1

New User
Visit site
but discrepancies with this particular attack have now come to light, the building collapsed 7 hours after israeli bombing in the area stopped and where were all the men???it is thought the building was used as an ammunition dump and this exploded accidentally, or by some it is even thought deliberatly to attract negative media attention to Israeli's.Possibly Isaerali propaganda, but just thought put another view out there. but then this is for only 1 attack ,so as for the rest no excuse.